Feb 13, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Thursday, February 13, six days before the NFL Combine.
Here are the Redskins five (plus three) interception leaders of the last 20 years (1994-2013).
1. DeAngelo Hall (2008-2013) 23—The Redskins picked him up midway through the 2008 season and he has lived up to his reputation of being involved in big plays for both teams.
2. Darrell Green (1994-2002) 20—This list is only counting interceptions made in the last 20 years so not all of Green’s are counted. He is, of course, the Redskins’ career leader with 54 picks including at least one for 19 straight seasons.
3t. Champ Bailey (1999-2003) 18—You probably don’t want to hear this but Bailey has picked of 34 more passes while in Denver.
3t. Fred Smoot (2001-2004, 2007-2009) 18—He started off like he might zoom up the list with 13 picks in his first three seasons. But Smoot had just two in his second stint in D. C.
5t. Tom Carter (1994-1996), London Fletcher (2007-2013), Shawn Springs (2004-2008), Sean Taylor (2004-2008) 12—If we had included Carters rookie 1993 season on this list he would have jumped up the list. The Redskins’ first-round pick intercepted six passes as a rookie.
—It’s been 46 days since the Redskins played a game; it will be about 206 days until they play another one.
—Days until: NFL Combine 6; NFL Free agency starts 26; Offseason workouts start 53; NFL Draft 84
In case you missed it
- Differing opinions on RG3
- Should Orakpo be paid like an ‘elite’ pass rusher?
- Why the Redskins might trade up to the first round
- Supply of free agent WR’s could exceed demand
- The five most valuable Redskins in 2013
Follow Us On Twitter
- Report: Giants lineman injures hand in fireworks accident
- Enemy Intel: Can the Redskins slow Eagles RB DeMarco Murray?
- VIDEO: McNabb throws out first pitch at Cubs game
- Enemy Intel: Can the Redskins contain Odell Beckham Jr.?
- How will Cavanaugh impact RG3?
- Week 1 backups who could become starters for the Redskins
- Redskins position preview: Cornerback
- The most overrated and underrated Redskins
- Redskins will benefit the least from Richardson, McClain and Hardy suspensions
- Even after free agency, Redskins Super Bowl odds still get worse