Feb 11, 2014, 4:57 AM EST
Here is what you need to know on this Tuesday, February 11, eight days before the NFL Combine.
Here are the Redskins’ five leading rushers in the last 20 years (1994-2013):
1. Clinton Portis (2004-2010) 6,842—Although he probably wasn’t worth Champ Bailey and a second-round pick he still gave Redskins fans some thrills. You have to think that some of the collisions he had with defenders in pass protection shortened his career.
2. Stephen Davis (1996-2002) 5,790—Davis played some fullback just to get some time on the field in his first few seasons. He had to compete for the starting job before the 1999 season and he was the underdog to beat out Skip Hicks. But Davis won the job and had a great season, gaining 1,400 yards and scoring 17 touchdowns.
3. Terry Allen (1995-1998) 4,086—Expectations were low when the Redskins signed Allen off other scrap heap after multiple knee injuries had derailed his career in Minnesota. The Redskins got back-to-back seasons of 1,300+ rushing yards and, in 1996, 21 rushing touchdowns.
4. Ladell Betts (2002-2009) 3,176—This is probably the guy you didn’t guess was on the list before you looked. He compiled his yardage a few hundred per season with the exception of 2006, when he gaines 1,154 yards in place an injured Portis.
5. Alfred Morris (2012-2013) 2,888—He’s already in that category of backs where gaining over 1,200 yards is considered an “off” season.
—It’s been 44 days since the Redskins played a game; it will be about 208 days until they play another one.
—Days until: NFL Combine 8; NFL Free agency starts 28; Offseason workouts start 55; NFL Draft 86
In case you missed it
- Competition for kickers?
- D. Williams says Redskins’ personnel decisions will be a ‘team effort’
- Will Redskins target Spikes?
- Redskins position outlook: specialists
- Redskins hire Doug Williams
- Redskins 2013 season encapsulated in one number
- The Redskins’ five biggest salary cap hits
- Williams says Redskins’ personnel decisions will be a ‘team effort’
- CSN 2014 NFL Mock Draft 1.0: Johnny Manziel #1?
Follow Us On Twitter
- Week 13 Power Rankings: Raiders, Odell Beckham Jr. win!
- Will Gruden use Jackson as a returner more often?
- Redskins have found sliver lining in punter Tress Way
- Fred Smoot Charged with Domestic Assault
- Wendy's Q&A: Why does RG3 avoid leaving the pocket?
- Garçon says he will stay focused despite reduced opportunities
- OPEN THREAD: Has Alfred Morris hit top gear?
- Gruden leaves plenty of wiggle room concerning starting RG3
- Open Mic: Jay Gruden on defense, Morris, and of course RGIII
- Adam Hayward lands on IR, Trent Williams is day-to-day