Feb 11, 2014, 4:57 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Tuesday, February 11, eight days before the NFL Combine.
Here are the Redskins’ five leading rushers in the last 20 years (1994-2013):
1. Clinton Portis (2004-2010) 6,842—Although he probably wasn’t worth Champ Bailey and a second-round pick he still gave Redskins fans some thrills. You have to think that some of the collisions he had with defenders in pass protection shortened his career.
2. Stephen Davis (1996-2002) 5,790—Davis played some fullback just to get some time on the field in his first few seasons. He had to compete for the starting job before the 1999 season and he was the underdog to beat out Skip Hicks. But Davis won the job and had a great season, gaining 1,400 yards and scoring 17 touchdowns.
3. Terry Allen (1995-1998) 4,086—Expectations were low when the Redskins signed Allen off other scrap heap after multiple knee injuries had derailed his career in Minnesota. The Redskins got back-to-back seasons of 1,300+ rushing yards and, in 1996, 21 rushing touchdowns.
4. Ladell Betts (2002-2009) 3,176—This is probably the guy you didn’t guess was on the list before you looked. He compiled his yardage a few hundred per season with the exception of 2006, when he gaines 1,154 yards in place an injured Portis.
5. Alfred Morris (2012-2013) 2,888—He’s already in that category of backs where gaining over 1,200 yards is considered an “off” season.
—It’s been 44 days since the Redskins played a game; it will be about 208 days until they play another one.
—Days until: NFL Combine 8; NFL Free agency starts 28; Offseason workouts start 55; NFL Draft 86
In case you missed it
- Competition for kickers?
- D. Williams says Redskins’ personnel decisions will be a ‘team effort’
- Will Redskins target Spikes?
- Redskins position outlook: specialists
- Redskins hire Doug Williams
- Redskins 2013 season encapsulated in one number
- The Redskins’ five biggest salary cap hits
- Williams says Redskins’ personnel decisions will be a ‘team effort’
- CSN 2014 NFL Mock Draft 1.0: Johnny Manziel #1?
Follow Us On Twitter
- Report: Patriots trade C Bryan Stork to Redskins
- RB Chris Thompson unlikely to play in Bills game, says Jay Gruden
- Redskins' Blackmon, Hall learning to communicate as they convert to safety
- Another missed practice for Redskins Jamison Crowder
- Redskins QB Kirk Cousins is getting used to getting ready
- Should the Redskins look to newly released Patriot for offensive line help?
- Redskins Playbook: How serious is Jamison Crowder's injury situation?
- Need to Know: Numbers game on Redskins O-line is taking shape
- Demaryius Thomas to Josh Norman: Where's your Super Bowl ring?
- Josh Norman on increased attention: I'm no longer the underdog