Feb 9, 2014, 5:54 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Sunday, February 9, 10 days before the NFL Combine.
Here are the Redskins’ five leading receivers since the 2010 season (in terms of yards receiving):
1. Santana Moss 2,724—You likely could grab any four-year span since Moss came to the Redskins in 2005 and Moss would be the leader. The Redskins started contract talks with the free agent to be but it remains to be seen if he will be back in 2014.
2. Pierre Garçon 1,979—After his injury plagued 2012 season we were wondering what he could do if he played a full season. We found out last year.
3. Fred Davis 1,507—In 2010 Chris Cooley got most of the tight end passes, his 2011 and 2012 seasons ended early due to a drug suspension and an Achilles injury, respectively, and he found himself inactive for a good chunk of last year. It’s more about what could have been with Davis than about what he actually accomplished.
4. Leonard Hankerson 1,081—Three seasons, two of them cut short by injuries have been the story here. He has one year left on his rookie contract and he’ll have to show that he can stay of the field if he wants to stay around.
5. Anthony Armstrong 974—I bet you wouldn’t have guessed this one even if you’d been given several tries. He’s the only one on this list who caught the majority of his passes from Donovan McNabb. After catching 44 passes for 871 yards as a 27-year-old rookie in 2010, he practically disappeared the next year with just seven catches. He was released in the final cuts in 2012.
—It’s been 42 days since the Redskins played a game; it will be about 210 days until they play another one.
—Days until: NFL Combine 10; NFL Free agency starts 30; Offseason workouts start 57; NFL Draft 88
In case you missed it
- Another pass catcher at tight end?
- Breakout potential: TE Jordan Reed
- Redskins position outlook: Tight end
- The Redskins’ five most effective offensive players
Follow Us On Twitter
- REPORT: Snyder, McCloughan on same page regarding RG3
- WWE legend Jim Ross cuts awesome promo for Trent Williams
- End game? Per report, RG3 finished as starting QB
- El-Bashir: Gruden needs to make a move, now
- Kirk Cousins looks good after rocky start, but is it enough?
- Bubble watch version 6.0: Predicting the Redskins’ 53-man roster
- Jones, Crowder continue strong preseason against Ravens
- Gruden refutes report regarding starting QB decision
- Chick Hernandez interrupts Trent Williams interview
- Gruden on exchange with Harbaugh: I was a little perturbed with that