Feb 6, 2014, 8:41 AM EDT
A few weeks ago, I was in the Redskins broadcast studio when Robert Griffin III walked it. It was his first day back at Redskins Park since he left the day that Mike Shanahan was fired. Among the things he told me and Larry Michael was that one of his first orders of business would be to set up a passing camp with he and his receivers getting out of town for a few days of work and bonding.
He got that item checked off of his to-do list quickly.
Pierre Garçon talked to Michael on radio row at the Super Bowl last week and he said that Griffin already has the passing camp organized. Although he didn’t specify any dates, Garçon made it sound like planning for multiple is in the advanced stages.
“We’ve already got that date set up. We’ve already got a place,” said Garçon. “We’re going to go to Arizona, work out there. We’ll probably do some more in Ashburn. Probably go to Baylor a little bit. We’re definitely going to be around. Probably go to Miami. I’m trying to talk him into going to Miami. South Florida is home. I don’t mind going to Arizona, going to Baylor, going to different places. I enjoy traveling.”
In 2012, Griffin’s rookie year, he and some receivers met up in Waco, Texas, where Baylor is located, between the end of minicamp and the start of training camp. Last year, there were no sessions as Griffin was working to rehab his injured right knee.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Full contact livens up Monday practice for Redskins (VIDEO)
- DeSean Jackson: Eagles fans 'booed their own players'
- Deion Sanders stops by Redskins training camp (VIDEO)
- 20 fantasy football sleepers for the 2014-2015 season
- Gruden liked 'live' hitting sessions, but won't do it often
- Bruce Allen calls playing RG3 early in 2013 "disrespectful"
- Redskins training camp report, day 5: Things get chippy
- Jay Gruden on the first day of hitting (VIDEO)
- Pierre Garçon injured during Redskins training camp
- Redskins sign OLB Everette Brown