Dec 30, 2013, 11:04 AM EDT
For continuous coverage, stick here and check out Redskins Pulse on CSNwashington.com.
From Redskins PR:
LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have relieved Executive Vice President/Head Coach Mike Shanahan of his duties with the team.
“Redskins fans deserve a better result,” Owner Daniel M. Snyder said. “We thank Mike for his efforts on behalf of the Redskins. We will focus on what it takes to build a winning team, and my pledge to this organization and to this community is to continue to commit the resources and talent necessary to put this team back in the playoffs.”
“We are going to take a smart, step-by-step approach to finding the right coach to return the Redskins to where we believe we should be,” Executive Vice President/General Manager Bruce Allen said. “We will analyze accurately and honestly all of the decisions that were made over the past year.”
The Redskins will hold a press conference at Redskins Park between noon and 12:30 p.m. ET today.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Gruden presser wrapup: Even he's not sure what a catch is
- Why all options are on the table for Redskins' offensive line
- With injuries at cornerback, Fuller is the next man up for the Redskins
- Will DeAngelo Hall return to the Redskins in 2017?
- A lucky win for the Redskins? Or were Giants lucky to be in it?
- Need to Know: Redskins 29, Giants 27 by the numbers
- MRI reveals Redskins' DeAngelo Hall has completely torn ACL
- Su'a Cravens channels Chappelle Show in perfect postgame tweet after Redskins win
- Jamison Crowder drops Giants special-teamer with obscene juke
- Quinton Dunbar did something Redskins haven't done since before Facebook existed