Dec 30, 2013, 11:04 AM EST
For continuous coverage, stick here and check out Redskins Pulse on CSNwashington.com.
From Redskins PR:
LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have relieved Executive Vice President/Head Coach Mike Shanahan of his duties with the team.
“Redskins fans deserve a better result,” Owner Daniel M. Snyder said. “We thank Mike for his efforts on behalf of the Redskins. We will focus on what it takes to build a winning team, and my pledge to this organization and to this community is to continue to commit the resources and talent necessary to put this team back in the playoffs.”
“We are going to take a smart, step-by-step approach to finding the right coach to return the Redskins to where we believe we should be,” Executive Vice President/General Manager Bruce Allen said. “We will analyze accurately and honestly all of the decisions that were made over the past year.”
The Redskins will hold a press conference at Redskins Park between noon and 12:30 p.m. ET today.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Breakout potential: Can Dustin Hopkins become a top kicker?
- Should the Redskins re-sign Darrel Young?
- Could Matt Forte be a fit for the Ravens or Redskins?
- The Redskins week that was—rebuilding the defense
- Report: Final hurdle cleared ahead of RG3's expected release
- RG3 gets birthday wishes from Terrance Knighton - complete with big hit
- Do the Redskins need to find new returners in 2016?
- Have the Redskins found the answer at right tackle?
- NBC10: No warrant expected for LeSean McCoy until next week
- For Redskins and Cousins no news is good news