Dec 28, 2013, 6:55 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Saturday, December 28, one day before the Washington Redskins visit the New York Giants.
Here are the five best/most significant Redskins quotes of the year (h/t to @michaelpRTD who reminded me of a few I’d forgotten):
Receiver Pierre Garçon:
“We have the potential to be the best offense ever, really. We can be the top offense in the league. We have a lot of great players at every position. We have a great offensive line, great tight ends, great receivers, running backs and quarterback.”
Robert Griffin III talking about Mike Shanahan’s practice schedule for him:
“I sat down and talked to a few people and had to make a decision – do I stop being who I am, stop being honest with you guys, and give you guys ammunition to turn against this team, or do I go into a shell and Bill Belichick it all week?”
Tight end Fred Davis:
“I’ve never slept through a whole meeting, but parts, yes. Everyone has. You’re watching film, you nod off, you wake up, you get something to drink and get back.”
Griffin, after diving for a first down against the Bears:
“I saw an opportunity to fly, so I got my wings and tried to fly. I hit the ground pretty hard. You know, people, we can’t really fly, no matter how much we dream about it.”
Mike Shanahan (needs no explanation):
“What I’m trying to do is be as honest as I can. And I don’t normally do that, because I don’t really think it’s anybody’s business, except the guys in our locker room.”
Stat of the day
—Maybe third down conversions aren’t that important after all. The Redskins improved from converting 35.8 percent last year (24th in the NFL) to 41.9 percent (8th) this year. But they will have at least twice as many losses as in 2012.
—Days until: Redskins @ Giants 1; NFL free agency 73; 2014 NFL Draft 132
—Today’s schedule: No availability; Redskins @ Giants Sunday 1 p.m.
In case you missed it
- Orakpo questionable for Sunday
- Do any Redskins have a shot at the Pro Bowl?
- Shanahan sheds no light on meeting with Snyder
- Poor field position hurt the Redskins this year
- Kyle says RG3 will be fine if he has to learn new system
- Redskins draft prospects: Military Bowl
- Game preview: Redskins at Giants
- Redskins coaches have learned to deal with uncertainty
3 and Out: Shanahan’s last stand?
Follow Us On Twitter
- Kerrigan, Orakpo disappointed in Redskins' defensive effort (VIDEO)
- Redskins-Eagles game notes including racking up the yards
- Fantasy Fix: Pitta, running backs headline injury report
- Cousins' 1st start of 2014 brought lots of good, some bad
- DeSean Jackson's return to Philly is an eventful one
- Week 3 fantasy roundup: Colts have all the Luck
- Baker ejected from Redskins-Eagles, teams brawl on sideline
- Hatcher, Orakpo and Lauvao also hurt in Philly
- DeAngelo Hall suffers potentially serious Achilles injury
- Gruden: 'I'm very proud of Kirk the way he played' (VIDEO)