Dec 21, 2013, 5:55 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Saturday, December 21, one day before the Washington Redskins host the Dallas Cowboys.
Five numbers of interest:
1. Last year, seven Redskins who started the year on the 53-man roster ended the year on injured reserve (Bernstine, Carriker, Davis, Helu, Meriweather, Orakpo, Robinson). This year through 14 games the count is five (Bowen, Hankerson, Royster, Sundberg, Kehl).
2. Alfred Morris has rushed for 1,125 yards, putting him on pace to gain 1,285 yards in 16 games. That would be the 11th-best rushing performance in team history.
3. The Redskins have given up 30 points or more in seven of their 14 games. In 2012 they gave up that many points in just four games.
4. The Redskins have given up seven return touchdowns. In they previous three seasons combined they gave up six.
5. Pierre Garçon needs 11 catches to break Art Monk’s single-season team record of 106. When Monk set the team record in 1984 it also was the NFL record. That season is now tied for the 36th-best in NFL history. Marvin Harrison of the Colts set the current record in 2002 with 143 catches.
—Days until: Cowboys @ Redskins 1; Redskins @ Giants 8; 2014 NFL Draft 138
—Today’s schedule: No availability, Cowboys @ Redskins Sunday 1 p.m.
In case you missed it
- Is Orakpo a must-sign player?
- Reed’s promising rookie year cut short
- Cowboys hobbled going into game vs. Redskins
- Aikman blasts Cowboys play calling in Packers loss
- Injury Report: Young questionable for Redskins
- Mike Shanahan won’t comment on RG3’s coachability
- Game preview: Cowboys at Redskins
- Haslett makes case for ‘elite’ Orakpo
Tandler and Tarik talk about the draft
Follow Us On Twitter
- Need to Know: First thoughts on Redskins vs. Browns—Too obvious to be a trap
- Redskins announce Lichtensteiger, Hall to injured reserve, two players signed
- Redskins move Kory Lichtensteiger to IR, make add at center, per report
- With DeAngelo Hall done for the year, Redskins try out former Gators safety
- Redskins' Cousins passing more often and more effectively on first down
- Number Crunch - Redskins offense looks poised for a breakout
- Center depth issues not new for Redskins - even with attempts to improve
- Kouandjio likely to start at left guard for Redskins on Sunday
- Need to Know: Final thoughts on Redskins vs. Giants—Is the Cousins of 2015 back yet?
- Gruden presser wrapup: Even he's not sure what a catch is