Dec 21, 2013, 5:55 AM EST
Here is what you need to know on this Saturday, December 21, one day before the Washington Redskins host the Dallas Cowboys.
Five numbers of interest:
1. Last year, seven Redskins who started the year on the 53-man roster ended the year on injured reserve (Bernstine, Carriker, Davis, Helu, Meriweather, Orakpo, Robinson). This year through 14 games the count is five (Bowen, Hankerson, Royster, Sundberg, Kehl).
2. Alfred Morris has rushed for 1,125 yards, putting him on pace to gain 1,285 yards in 16 games. That would be the 11th-best rushing performance in team history.
3. The Redskins have given up 30 points or more in seven of their 14 games. In 2012 they gave up that many points in just four games.
4. The Redskins have given up seven return touchdowns. In they previous three seasons combined they gave up six.
5. Pierre Garçon needs 11 catches to break Art Monk’s single-season team record of 106. When Monk set the team record in 1984 it also was the NFL record. That season is now tied for the 36th-best in NFL history. Marvin Harrison of the Colts set the current record in 2002 with 143 catches.
—Days until: Cowboys @ Redskins 1; Redskins @ Giants 8; 2014 NFL Draft 138
—Today’s schedule: No availability, Cowboys @ Redskins Sunday 1 p.m.
In case you missed it
- Is Orakpo a must-sign player?
- Reed’s promising rookie year cut short
- Cowboys hobbled going into game vs. Redskins
- Aikman blasts Cowboys play calling in Packers loss
- Injury Report: Young questionable for Redskins
- Mike Shanahan won’t comment on RG3’s coachability
- Game preview: Cowboys at Redskins
- Haslett makes case for ‘elite’ Orakpo
Tandler and Tarik talk about the draft
Follow Us On Twitter
- Fans, players pay respects on anniversary of Sean Taylor's death
- Gruden discusses Redskins' plan to replace Culliver
- Full Redskins injury report: Two starters are questionable
- Landon Collins excited to play on the field where idol Sean Taylor once did
- Week 12 preview: It's a 'one game season' for the Redskins
- With division foes' seasons in tatters, can the Redskins take advantage?
- With Culliver out, what is the Redskins' Plan B?
- Romo: Injury vs. Panthers 'feels similar' to previous setback
- Five Redskins who need to step up against the Giants
- Cowboys QB Tony Romo leaves game with collarbone injury