Dec 13, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
Robert Griffin III will not play any more this year no matter what.
Even if Kirk Cousins gets hurt and Rex Grossman goes down, Griffin will not play another snap for the rest of the season, according to Mike Shanahan.
“If somebody would get injured in the next two games, we would probably bring somebody back on our football team where we wouldn’t have to put Robert in that situation,” Shanahan said on Thursday.
“That situation” as in playing football. You know, that sport that Griffin is paid millions to play?
Follow Us On Twitter
- Need to Know: Five Redskins who are under pressure to perform against the Browns
- Redskins' Josh Norman elected alternate NFLPA rep weeks after criticizing union
- Josh Norman fined for rough play against Giants
- Cravens declared NFL Clutch Performer of the Week
- Despite focus on Terrelle Pryor, Redskins need to stop Browns run game
- Redskins-Browns injury report: Doctson, two starters out for Washington
- Redskins Playbook: Determining rotation of Trent Murphy, Ryan Kerrigan and Preston Smith
- Martrell Spaight loses bet to Deshazor Everett - Instagram photo shows true disappointment
- Bonus #RedskinsTalk: Will Blackmon talks replacing D-Hall and Game of Thrones
- Need to Know: Tracking the lineup changes around Redskins Park