Dec 13, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
Robert Griffin III will not play any more this year no matter what.
Even if Kirk Cousins gets hurt and Rex Grossman goes down, Griffin will not play another snap for the rest of the season, according to Mike Shanahan.
“If somebody would get injured in the next two games, we would probably bring somebody back on our football team where we wouldn’t have to put Robert in that situation,” Shanahan said on Thursday.
“That situation” as in playing football. You know, that sport that Griffin is paid millions to play?
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins running back Robert Kelley likely to get more carries Sunday
- How the Redskins plan to stop A.J. Green if Josh Norman can't play
- Virginia and Idaho really love Ryan Kerrigan, apparently
- Redskins preparing for A.J. Green - with or without Josh Norman - 'They show no fear'
- Need to Know: Around Redskins Park—Will Reed and Norman make the trip?
- Redskins injury report: Status on Norman, Reed unknown
- Jordan Reed, Josh Norman in for early part of Redskins practice; Matt Jones out
- Statistic Surprise - Redskins used Su'a Cravens sparingly against Detroit
- New #RedskinsTalk Podcast - Barstool Nate professes love for Kirk Cousins & London football
- State of the Redskins, Week 8—A very long business trip on tap