Dec 13, 2013, 11:00 AM EST
Robert Griffin III will not play any more this year no matter what.
Even if Kirk Cousins gets hurt and Rex Grossman goes down, Griffin will not play another snap for the rest of the season, according to Mike Shanahan.
“If somebody would get injured in the next two games, we would probably bring somebody back on our football team where we wouldn’t have to put Robert in that situation,” Shanahan said on Thursday.
“That situation” as in playing football. You know, that sport that Griffin is paid millions to play?
Follow Us On Twitter
- Report: Former Redskins WR injured after accidentally shooting self
- After an improbable rise, can Quinton Dunbar keep improving?
- Ranking the top 20 most talented NFL players under the age of 25
- 2015 Redskins led NFL in fumble recoveries but didn’t take advantage
- Kirk Cousins, Antonio Brown team up to break world record held by OBJ
- How should the Redskins fix their scuffling run game?
- UFC legend Chuck Liddell joins Redskins Nation
- London Fletcher: Sean Taylor 'was just scratching the surface'
- Rookie review: How does Kyshoen Jarrett fit into the Redskins' plans?
- Who has the best chance of being the Redskins' first pick?