Dec 13, 2013, 11:00 AM EST
Robert Griffin III will not play any more this year no matter what.
Even if Kirk Cousins gets hurt and Rex Grossman goes down, Griffin will not play another snap for the rest of the season, according to Mike Shanahan.
“If somebody would get injured in the next two games, we would probably bring somebody back on our football team where we wouldn’t have to put Robert in that situation,” Shanahan said on Thursday.
“That situation” as in playing football. You know, that sport that Griffin is paid millions to play?
Follow Us On Twitter
- 5 stats you need to know for Redskins vs. Giants
- With big game looming, Gruden maintains consistent approach
- Few remain from the Redskins' last big game
- Culliver's up-and-down season ends on IR
- Fans, players pay respects on anniversary of Sean Taylor's death
- Redskins' home record a good omen
- Gruden discusses Redskins' plan to replace Culliver
- Full Redskins injury report: Two starters are questionable
- Landon Collins excited to play on the field where idol Sean Taylor once did
- Week 12 preview: It's a 'one game season' for the Redskins