Dec 9, 2013, 5:26 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Monday, December 9, six days before the Washington Redskins visit the Atlanta Falcons.
Five stats and other notes from the Redskins’ 45-10 loss to the Chiefs on Sunday:
1. In the first half of their 13 games the Redskins have given up 226 points. With three games left to play, that already is the most points they have given up in any half during a full season in their history. They gave up 225 in the first halves of their 16 games in 1998.
2. Redskins QB’s were sacked six times. They have now given up 25 sacks in their last five games. That is the most during any five-game stretch since sacks become an official stat in 1982.
3. Alfred Morris rushed for 31 yards to go past the 1,000-yard mark for the second straight season. He is the first player to do that since Clinton Portis in 2007-2008 and he is the first Redskin to do it in his first two years in the league.
4. Pierre Garçon has 31 yards receiving to go over the 1,000-yard mark for the season in that category. He has the 27th 1,000-yard receiver season in team history.
5. The Redskins’ 3-10 record is their worst after 13 games since they were 2-11 in 1994, Norv Turner’s first season as head coach.
—Redskins defensive coordinator Jim Haslett was born on this date in 1955; Redskins offensive linemen Adam Gettis was born on this date in 1989.å
—Days until: Redskins @ Falcons 6; Cowboys @ Redskins 14; Opening Sunday 2014 season 272
—Today’s schedule: Mike Shanahan news conference 3:00, telecast on Comcast SportsNet.
In case you missed it
- RG3 frustrated with continuing controversy
- Redskins say special teams struggles are about “effort”
- Shanahan won’t confirm RG3 as next Sunday starter
- Chiefs throttle Redskins 45-10
How long can Mike Shanahan survive?
Follow Us On Twitter
- Kirk Cousins is excited about Jamison Crowder's growth, Josh Doctson's potential
- Quality of Redskins' receiving corps may hinge on Doctson's learning curve
- Redskins teammates give Jordan Reed a hard time for new big-money contract
- Redskins' David Bruton excited to get 'first crack' at starting safety job
- Months later, Redskins ILB Perry Riley still battling foot injury
- Need to Know: Cousins talks of Redskins' need for 'sustained success'
- Before signing Josh Norman, Redskins had sights set on Brandon Browner
- Josh Norman sees the fiery side of Kirk Cousins at Redskins OTAs: 'I was like, calm down'
- Meaningful work in Redskins' rushing game will have to wait until camp
- DeAngelo Hall on DeSean Jackson's OTAs absence: 'You want him here, but...'