Dec 8, 2013, 5:43 PM EDT
Robert Griffin III addressed media reports that his head coach was upset with his relationship with team owner Dan Snyder. Well, sort of anyway.
“I don’t know about it, still don’t know about it,” he said. “I’m just trying to deal with what I have to deal with right now, thinking about thing game, getting ready to watch the film.”
According to the report, Griffin received special treatment from Snyder including the owner sending his security detail to be with Griffin on occasions when the quarterback was out and sending his limo to give Griffin’s fiancée (now wife) rides after road games.
“Not going to talk about that stuff, guys,” he said. “It’s not relevant to the football game, it’s not relevant to my life, which is my answer to that and it’s just ridiculous.”
Questions about the relationship between Griffin and Shanahan have been a regular occurrence during Griffin’s media sessions and the insertion of Snyder into the mix is just another twist.
“It’s not what the game’s about,” said a clearly frustrated Griffin. “Constantly I go to these press conferences and get asked questions about non-football things as opposed to football. It’s just not the way the game should be going. You partially understand some of it. There are other questions that need to be asked and there are other things we need to do like playing better.”
Griffin was also asked about being removed from the game when healthy for the first time in his career. With the Chiefs up 45-10 early in the fourth quarter, Kirk Cousins went in and finished the game at quarterback.
“It’s tough, but I understood. You don’t fight that,” he said. “You want to finish the game with your guys.”
When asked during his press conference, Shanahan would not confirm that Griffin will be the starter next week.
“That’s not an issue,” Griffin said of his status as the starter.
Near the end of the news conference, Griffin was asked why he thought his relationship with his coach constantly was being questioned. His answer was somewhat cryptic.
“I don’t know. I’m getting frustrated now trying to hold everything back,” he said. “Some things are allowed to happen and we can cut a lot of this stuff out and it’s not being cut out. I don’t know what else I can do about that.”
What does all of that mean? Stay tuned.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Demaryius Thomas to Josh Norman: Where's your Super Bowl ring?
- Josh Norman on increased attention: I'm no longer the underdog
- Redskins RB Matt Jones on shoulder rehab: I'm making big strides
- Jay Gruden: Josh Doctson may play in Redskins' opening game
- Joe Theismann reacts to RG3 tattoo, points out he's 'not even divorced yet'
- Starbucks butchered Redskins rookie Su'a Cravens name so bad he now uses a pseudonym
- Jones says he's feeling better, praises Redskins' other running backs
- Reports: Cowboys' Dez Bryant suffers concussion, will miss preseason game
- Redskins Playbook: Battle for running back reps is on
- Redskins’ left guard competition still undecided