Dec 8, 2013, 5:43 PM EDT
Robert Griffin III addressed media reports that his head coach was upset with his relationship with team owner Dan Snyder. Well, sort of anyway.
“I don’t know about it, still don’t know about it,” he said. “I’m just trying to deal with what I have to deal with right now, thinking about thing game, getting ready to watch the film.”
According to the report, Griffin received special treatment from Snyder including the owner sending his security detail to be with Griffin on occasions when the quarterback was out and sending his limo to give Griffin’s fiancée (now wife) rides after road games.
“Not going to talk about that stuff, guys,” he said. “It’s not relevant to the football game, it’s not relevant to my life, which is my answer to that and it’s just ridiculous.”
Questions about the relationship between Griffin and Shanahan have been a regular occurrence during Griffin’s media sessions and the insertion of Snyder into the mix is just another twist.
“It’s not what the game’s about,” said a clearly frustrated Griffin. “Constantly I go to these press conferences and get asked questions about non-football things as opposed to football. It’s just not the way the game should be going. You partially understand some of it. There are other questions that need to be asked and there are other things we need to do like playing better.”
Griffin was also asked about being removed from the game when healthy for the first time in his career. With the Chiefs up 45-10 early in the fourth quarter, Kirk Cousins went in and finished the game at quarterback.
“It’s tough, but I understood. You don’t fight that,” he said. “You want to finish the game with your guys.”
When asked during his press conference, Shanahan would not confirm that Griffin will be the starter next week.
“That’s not an issue,” Griffin said of his status as the starter.
Near the end of the news conference, Griffin was asked why he thought his relationship with his coach constantly was being questioned. His answer was somewhat cryptic.
“I don’t know. I’m getting frustrated now trying to hold everything back,” he said. “Some things are allowed to happen and we can cut a lot of this stuff out and it’s not being cut out. I don’t know what else I can do about that.”
What does all of that mean? Stay tuned.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Adam Schefter: Kirk Cousins contract extension 'too difficult to do'
- What Andrew Luck's new monster contract means for Kirk Cousins
- What is Kirk Cousins trying to say with this anniversary tweet
- Redskins true or false: Josh Norman will repeat as an All-Pro
- Position preview: Redskins looking for a Plan B at center
- Cowboys draft pick looks unlikely to play in 2016
- Need to Know: Three Redskins up, three down from a year ago
- Is Joe Flacco the best player on the Ravens and the Redskins?
- Chick Hernandez considers RG3 one of the biggest hurdles for Skins in 2016
- Redskins position preview: Defensive line