Dec 7, 2013, 5:06 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Saturday, December 7, one day before the Washington Redskins host the Kansas City Chiefs.
Five Redskins numbers that matter:
1. Pierre Garçon has 84 receptions through 12 games. Only three other Redskins have had at least that many receptions in a 16-game season. Art Monk did it three times, Santana Moss twice and Laveranues Coles once. Garçon needs to average six receptions per game for the remaining four games to break Monk’s record of 106 receptions in a season, set in 1984.
2. Garçon is third in the NFL in receptions. Since 1991 Moss is the only Redskin to finish the season in the top five in receptions (4th, 2010).
3. The Redskins have outgained their opponents by 145 yards (4,634-4,489). However, they have been outscored by 93 points (269-362). Only two NFL teams have a worse scoring differential.
4. The Redskins have been hit with 23 offensive holding penalties in 12 games this year. In 2012, they had 21 holding flags thrown against them in 16 games. Accoding to the NFL, the holding penalties have resulted in eight stalled drives this year (no points scored on drive and no first down earned after penalty incurred). Last year holding flags stalled three drives.
5. Last year Robert Griffin III was in the top 10 in the NFL in five different major passing stats (completion percentage, yards/attempt, TD percentage, interceptions, interception percentage, and passer rating). This year he isn’t in the top 10 in any category.
—Redskins running back Roy Helu was born on this date in 1988
—Days until: Chiefs @ Redskins 1; Redskins @ Falcons 8; Cowboys @ Redskins 15
—Today’s schedule: No availability
In case you missed it
- 5 Keys and Prediction: Poe a big problem in the middle
- Point-Counterpoint: Surprises and disappointments
- Injury report: Jordan Reed questionable
- Shanahan changes tune on Garçon kick
- Game preview: Chiefs at Redskins
- The top five Redskins free agents
Tandler talks RG3, Orakpo on Redskins Nation
Follow Us On Twitter
- Before protecting QBs, Redskins' Scherff was one
- Grading the Redskins 2015 draft
- Jay Gruden reacts to the Redskins' Day 3 picks
- Sorting out the roles for the Redskins' 2015 draft class
- Redskins draft another offensive lineman in 7th round
- McCloughan strikes again, trades for more picks
- Redskins grab three players in sixth round
- Redskins take LB Martrell Spaight out of Arkansas
- Redskins go local with fourth-round pick of OL Kouandjio
- Redskins go small in fourth round with Duke WR Crowder