Dec 2, 2013, 7:31 AM EST
Here is what you need to know on this Monday, December 2, six days before the Redskins host the Chiefs.
Five notes on the Redskins loss to the Giants.
1. In the second halves of their last two games, the Redskins have scored 3 points, have 126 yards of offense and have converted one of 14 third downs.
2. The Redskins have trailed at some point in their last 18 games, the longest active streak in the NFL (Loins, 20). It is the Redskins’ longest such streak since one that spanned the 1993-94 seasons that stretched for 20 games.
3. Robert Griffin III completed 94.1 percent of his passes in the first half (16-17). That is the Redskins’ highest first-half completion percentage since Mark Brunell went 14 for 14 of the first half of the team’s 2006 game against the Texans.
4. Griffin surpassed 3,000 yards passing for the second straight season, joining Sonny Jurgensen, Joe Theismann, Mark Rypien, and Jason Campbell as the only QB’s in team history to pass for over 3,000 yards in consecutive seasons.
5. The loss eliminated the Redskins from the playoffs. At 3-9, the most games they can win is seven. Two second-place NFC teams, the 49ers and Panthers, have a least eight wins each so Washington can’t get a wild card. In the division, the Eagles and Cowboys are both 7-5. Philly and Dallas play each other in the season finale so one of them will finish at least 7-8-1, which would beat the Redskins best possible finish of 7-9.
—Days until: Chiefs @ Redskins 6; Redskins @ Falcons 13; Cowboys @ Redskins 20
—Today’s schedule: Mike Shanahan news conference 3:00 (telecast on Comcast SportsNet)
In case you missed it
- Once again, clutch drive fails
- Redskins abandon Morris and rushing game
- Bad punt snap costly for Redskins
- Orakpo says Redskins won’t quit
- Referees, Shanahan explain first-down controversy
- Instant analysis: Last-second strip costs Redskins
Fletcher says team still responding to Shanahan
Follow Us On Twitter
- Watch Seahawks-Patriots in Super Bowl XLIX live online
- One big link between Redskins, Super Bowl teams
- To get the Redskins to the Super Bowl, McCloughan must change team's DNA
- Pro Football Hall of Fame elects class of 2015
- Patriots or Seahawks? Tandler and Tarik give their predictions
- NFLPA chief says salary cap will be higher than league projection
- John Riggins joins STL on the 32nd anniversary of Super Bowl XVII
- Former Eagles coach shares memories of competing with Joe Gibbs
- Catch John Riggins on SportsTalk Live tonight at 10 p.m.!
- Take your pick! CSN makes Super Bowl predictions