Nov 29, 2013, 6:23 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Friday, November 29, two days before the Redskins host the New York Giants.
Five numbers to ponder:
—Alfred Morris came closer to taking the NFL rushing lead last week but he couldn’t quite get there. He now has 970 yards for the season, trailing LeSean McCoy (1,009) and Adrian Peterson (997).
—Morris is on pace to gain 1,410 yards this year. That would give him 3,023 in the first two years of his NFL career. Only six other players in NFL history—Earl Campbell, Eric Dickerson, Edgerrin James, Chris Johnson, Peterson, and Clinton Portis—have gained over 3,000 yards in their first two seasons in the league.
—The Redskins have run 307 plays on first and 10 this year. They have passed 154 times and they have run 153 times.
—Washington has had 74 penalties called against it this year. That puts the Redskins on pace to be penalized 108 times this year. That would be a marked improvement over last year when the drew 132 yellow flags.
—The Redskins have used 109 unique lineups on offense (different combinations of 11 players) this season. That is the fifth-fewest in the NFL. Their most-used combination has been QB Robert Griffin III, the five O-linemen who have played every snap this year, WR’s Pierre Garçon, Leonard Hankerson, and Santana Moss, TE Jordan Reed and RB Roy Helu.
—Days until: Giants @ Redskins 2; Chiefs @ Redskins 9; Redskins @ Falcons 16
—Today’s schedule: Practice 11:50; Mike Shanahan news conference and player availability after practice (approx. 1:30)
In case you missed it
- RG3 shoots down reports of a rift between himself and his O-line
- So does OT Trent Williams
- Redskins with much to be thankful for
- Young, Paul sidelined on Thursday
- Reed confident he’ll return Sunday
- Point-Counterpoint: Lineup changes for the Redskins?
- Is a helping hand after sacks uncommon?
Darrel Young still a question mark
Follow Us On Twitter
- What does RG3's return do for fantasy value of others?
- Redskins Nation: Griffin ready to go
- Gruden believes that Griffin is ready to play
- Breeland injures knee in practice, questionable for Sunday
- RG3 spent time during rehab studying the elite QBs
- RG3 doesn't think he'll be too nervous in return
- RG3 discusses the 'rust' factor
- Gruden speaks on RG3's week of practice
- RG3 says he will lean on his teammates in return
- Don't look for Redskins to repeat 'over the top' defense