Nov 26, 2013, 6:59 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Tuesday, November 26, five days before the Redskins host the New York Giants.
Five notes from the Redskins 27-6 loss to the 49ers:
1. The Redskins are now 2-12 all time on Monday nights at FedEx Field. That is by far the worst record of any team in its current home venue. The Falcons at the Georgia Dome are next at 5-8 and then the Eagles at Lincoln Financial Field at 4-6.
2. The last time the Redskins got six points or fewer and gained less than 200 yards on offense at home was Dec. 14, 2003 in 27-0 loss to Cowboys. The coach was Steve Spurrier and the quarterback was Tim Hasselbeck.
3. Colin Kaepernick had thrown a total of three touchdown passes in the four games prior to last night. He threw for three TD’s against the Redskins.
4. The Redskins had drives of 62 and 63 yards that did not result in touchdowns (both ended in field goals). For the season, Washington now has 14 drives of 50 yards or more that did not result in touchdowns. That’s the most in the NFL.
5. Pierre Garçon had eight receptions on Monday night. He now has at least five receptions in each of the last 11 games, the longest such streak in Redskins history. He passed Art Monk, who had 10 straight games with 5 or more receptions in 1984-1985. Garçon now has 75 receptions on the season, putting him on pace to catch 109 for the season. Monk set the team single-season record for receptions in 1984 with 106.
—Redskins running back Evan Royster was born on this day in 1987
—Days until: Giants @ Redskins 5; Chiefs @ Redskins 12; Redskins @ Falcons 19
—Today’s schedule: Mike Shanahan news conference 3:00 p.m. (telecast on Comcast SportsNet)
In case you missed it
- Knockout blow: Redskins-49ers instant analysis
- 49ers Ahmad Brooks says RG3 shouldn’t be playing
- RG3: “We’re all frustrated”
- RG3, father converse in locker room after the game
- Griffin responds to film review allegations
- Moss returns punts for Redskins
Shanahan on Redskins being dominated
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins Park observations--Hankerson's status still up in the air
- Gruden and Vikings coach Mike Zimmer go way back
- RG3 is preparing to start vs. Vikings, Rob Carlin reports
- Ex-Eagle Westbrook says Philly misses D. Jackson badly
- Gruden on RG3 'He's at a hundred percent physically'
- Fantasy Fix - Week 9 rankings: Manning or Brady? Brady or Manning?
- Clark, Williams on Redskins' injury report for Thursday
- Gruden: RG3 won't have any restrictions Sunday
- Gruden: No drop off in expectations for RG3
- Gruden jokes he might just start Colt McCoy after all