Nov 23, 2013, 6:54 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Saturday, November 23, two days before the Washington Redskins host the San Francisco 49ers.
Five numbers of interest:
—The Redskins are on pace to give up 497 points this season (31.1 per game). Only two teams since the merger, the 2008 Detroit Lions (0-16) and the 1981 Baltimore Colts (2-14) have give up more than 497 points in a season.
—Redskins kickers Kai Forbath and John Potter have combined to make 66.7 percent of their field goals. That percentage is 31st in the NFL ahead of only the Texans (65.4 percent).
—The Redskins are on pace to have the fourth-best average per rushing attempt in team history. They are currently averaging 5.06 yards per carry. The team record was set in 1950 when they averaged 5.44 yards per carry. Last year they averaged 5.22 and in 1951 they averaged 5.21.
—Robert Griffin III is averaging 7.3 yards per pass attempt this season. That’s off from eye-popping 8.14 yards per attempt he posted as a rookie. But is he keeps up his average this year it still would be the fifth-best performance in that category for a Redskins quarterback with at least 250 pass attempts since the 1950 season.
—Last year Brandon Banks averaged 6.8 yards per punt return and Redskins fans celebrated when he was benched after 12 games. This year the team is averaging 5.8 yards per punt return.
—Days until: Monday night 49ers @ Redskins 2; Giants @ Redskins 8; Chiefs @ Redskins 15
—Today’s schedule: No availability
In case you missed it
- Official in Williams case suspended
- Biggers fined $21K
- Reed still sidelined with concussion
- Run defense to be tested again with Gore
- Davis expected to be active
- Redskins expect the best out of Davis, Morgan
Shanahan talks about facing the 49ers
Follow Us On Twitter
- Need to Know: Should the Redskins pass more on first down in 2016?
- Which Redskins are on the roster bubble?
- Redskins guard Spencer Long has been getting some work at center, too
- OTAs to-do list: How much work remains at safety?
- OTAs to-do list: Is it Matt Jones' job to lose?
- Need to Know: Has the Redskins' defense improved enough?
- High school senior takes Redskins cheerleader to prom
- Looking at the Redskins' roster locks going into OTAs
- Redskins' rushing defense has issues beyond explosive plays
- Need to Know: Which Redskins will surprise in 2016?