Nov 23, 2013, 6:54 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Saturday, November 23, two days before the Washington Redskins host the San Francisco 49ers.
Five numbers of interest:
—The Redskins are on pace to give up 497 points this season (31.1 per game). Only two teams since the merger, the 2008 Detroit Lions (0-16) and the 1981 Baltimore Colts (2-14) have give up more than 497 points in a season.
—Redskins kickers Kai Forbath and John Potter have combined to make 66.7 percent of their field goals. That percentage is 31st in the NFL ahead of only the Texans (65.4 percent).
—The Redskins are on pace to have the fourth-best average per rushing attempt in team history. They are currently averaging 5.06 yards per carry. The team record was set in 1950 when they averaged 5.44 yards per carry. Last year they averaged 5.22 and in 1951 they averaged 5.21.
—Robert Griffin III is averaging 7.3 yards per pass attempt this season. That’s off from eye-popping 8.14 yards per attempt he posted as a rookie. But is he keeps up his average this year it still would be the fifth-best performance in that category for a Redskins quarterback with at least 250 pass attempts since the 1950 season.
—Last year Brandon Banks averaged 6.8 yards per punt return and Redskins fans celebrated when he was benched after 12 games. This year the team is averaging 5.8 yards per punt return.
—Days until: Monday night 49ers @ Redskins 2; Giants @ Redskins 8; Chiefs @ Redskins 15
—Today’s schedule: No availability
In case you missed it
- Official in Williams case suspended
- Biggers fined $21K
- Reed still sidelined with concussion
- Run defense to be tested again with Gore
- Davis expected to be active
- Redskins expect the best out of Davis, Morgan
Shanahan talks about facing the 49ers
Follow Us On Twitter
- How Robert Kelley took the lead in Redskins backup RB race
- Several players injured in win over Bills
- Redskins use fantastic second quarter to beat Bills, 21-16
- Kirk Cousins recovers from sloppy first quarter, throws three TD's against Bills
- Morgan Moses is third key Redskin to exit game vs. Bills due to injury
- Redskins LB Ryan Kerrigan out after early injury vs. Bills
- Several key Bills are sitting out Friday's game vs. Redskins
- With Redskins pursuing new stadium, Dan Snyder named to NFL stadium committee
- Rex and Rob Ryan seen hanging out in Nationals jerseys
- Cowboys rookie Ezekiel Elliott spotted at marijuana dispensary in Seattle