Nov 18, 2013, 5:45 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Monday, November 18, seven days before the Washington Redskins host the San Francosco 49ers.
Five notes from the Redskins 24-16 loss to the Eagles on Sunday:
1. The Redskins were outscored 7-0 in the first quarter, making their cumulative first-quarter deficit for the season 51 points (81-30). The last time they had such a bad first-quarter margin through 10 games was in 1959 (52 points). That team went 3-9 and was last in the NFL in both scoring and points allowed.
2. Washington piled up 427 yards of total offense, marking the third game in a row that they have gone over 400 yards of offense. That was the first time they had done that since Weeks 7-9 of the 1983 season. The ’83 Redskins went 2-1 in those three games, the current team was 1-2.
3. Washington had four net passing yards in the first half (Robert Griffin III had 26 yards passing minus 22 yards lost on three sacks). That was their fewest net passing yards in the first half since the Steve Spurrier era. Patrick Ramsey passed for 32 yards in the first two quarters against Dallas in Week 9 in 2003. But the Cowboys sacked him four times for 43 yards in losses, putting the net passing yardage at minus-11.
4. The Redskins had 160 yards rushing at intermission with Alfred Morris leading the way with 86, Griffin with 39, and Roy Helu with 24. Only one other time in the last eight years has a team had 160 or more rushing yards in the first half of a game. In Week 17 of the 2011 season the Falcons amassed 186 yards rushing in the first half. Atlanta led the Bucs 42-7 at intermission that day; the Redskins trailed 17-0 at halftime yesterday.
5. With 41 yards receiving Santana Moss pushed past 10,000 yards receiving for his career. He becomes the seventh active player to surpass that mark (Tony Gonzalez, Reggie Wayne, Andre Johnson, Steve Smith, Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin).
—Days until: Monday night 49ers @ Redskins 7; Giants @ Redskins 13; Chiefs @ Redskins 20
—Today’s schedule: Mike Shanahan news conference 3:00, telecast on Comcast SportsNet
In case you missed it
- Redskins comeback falls short
- Trent Williams says official swore at him
- Final play for Griffin a forgettable one
- Redskins’ bus egged in Philly
RG3: It’s tough to swallow
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins' Josh Norman hopes to play vs. AJ Green, Bengals on Sunday
- Redskins' Jay Gruden: Matt Jones out for Sunday's game vs. Bengals
- Jordan Reed, Josh Norman participate in select parts of Redskins Friday practice
- Did the Redskins err in trying to make this a "regular" week?
- With Matt Jones' status in doubt, Redskins sign Mack Brown to roster
- WATCH: Jay Gruden, Kirk Cousins and the Redskins arrive at Heathrow Airport
- Facebook Live: Redskins arrive in London
- Need to Know: Six Redskins under pressure against the Bengals
- A tribute to a fallen hero: CSNMA's top ten Vines of all time
- No promise on playing, but Jordan Reed, Josh Norman traveling to London with Redskins