Nov 18, 2013, 5:45 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Monday, November 18, seven days before the Washington Redskins host the San Francosco 49ers.
Five notes from the Redskins 24-16 loss to the Eagles on Sunday:
1. The Redskins were outscored 7-0 in the first quarter, making their cumulative first-quarter deficit for the season 51 points (81-30). The last time they had such a bad first-quarter margin through 10 games was in 1959 (52 points). That team went 3-9 and was last in the NFL in both scoring and points allowed.
2. Washington piled up 427 yards of total offense, marking the third game in a row that they have gone over 400 yards of offense. That was the first time they had done that since Weeks 7-9 of the 1983 season. The ’83 Redskins went 2-1 in those three games, the current team was 1-2.
3. Washington had four net passing yards in the first half (Robert Griffin III had 26 yards passing minus 22 yards lost on three sacks). That was their fewest net passing yards in the first half since the Steve Spurrier era. Patrick Ramsey passed for 32 yards in the first two quarters against Dallas in Week 9 in 2003. But the Cowboys sacked him four times for 43 yards in losses, putting the net passing yardage at minus-11.
4. The Redskins had 160 yards rushing at intermission with Alfred Morris leading the way with 86, Griffin with 39, and Roy Helu with 24. Only one other time in the last eight years has a team had 160 or more rushing yards in the first half of a game. In Week 17 of the 2011 season the Falcons amassed 186 yards rushing in the first half. Atlanta led the Bucs 42-7 at intermission that day; the Redskins trailed 17-0 at halftime yesterday.
5. With 41 yards receiving Santana Moss pushed past 10,000 yards receiving for his career. He becomes the seventh active player to surpass that mark (Tony Gonzalez, Reggie Wayne, Andre Johnson, Steve Smith, Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin).
—Days until: Monday night 49ers @ Redskins 7; Giants @ Redskins 13; Chiefs @ Redskins 20
—Today’s schedule: Mike Shanahan news conference 3:00, telecast on Comcast SportsNet
In case you missed it
- Redskins comeback falls short
- Trent Williams says official swore at him
- Final play for Griffin a forgettable one
- Redskins’ bus egged in Philly
RG3: It’s tough to swallow
Follow Us On Twitter
- Need to Know: Three Redskins up, three down from a year ago
- Is Joe Flacco the best player on the Ravens and the Redskins?
- Chick Hernandez considers RG3 one of the biggest hurdles for Skins in 2016
- Redskins position preview: Defensive line
- Loss to Ryan’s Eagles spurred Gibbs, Redskins to last title
- Need to Know: Ranking the Redskins' rookies—Who will have the most impact in 2016?
- Kirk Cousins talks hand size, marvels at Russell Wilson
- Report: Former Redskins coach Mike Shanahan to host Donald Trump fundraiser
- 'Full steam ahead' - Kirk Cousins focused on football, not contracts
- Redskins position preview: Outside linebackers