Nov 16, 2013, 5:22 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Saturday, November 16, one day before the Washington Redskins play the Philadelphia Eagles.
Five numbers to note:
—The Redskins have been outscored by a total of 44 points in the first quarters of their nine games. That means they’re trailing by an average of nearly five points per game going into the second quarter.
—Pierre Garçon has 61 receptions so far, the most in Redskins history through nine games by a solid margin. Art Monk (1984) and Santana Moss (2005) both had 53 at this point during the season.
—Last year the Redskins have rushed for 55 more first downs than their opponents did. Through nine games they have rushed for eight more first downs, a pace that would put their margin at about 14 at the end of the season
—The Redskins have committed 17 offensive holding penalties this year (14 accepted). In 16 games last year they were flagged for 21. Chris Chester has the most holding calls with four.
—The Redskins have allowed sacks on 5.2 percent of pass attempts this year compared to a league average of 7.4 percent.
—Days until: Redskins @ Eagles 1; Monday night 49ers @ Redskins 9; Giants @ Redskins 15
—Today’s schedule: No availability, team travels to Philadelphia
In case you missed it
- Stopping McCoy is the top job
- Point-Counterpoint: Another run?
- Green questions RG3’s leadership
- Hall questionable vs. Eagles
- Hankerson’ progress has cut Morgan’s playing time
- Will the Redskins turn up the pass rush heat?
- Game preview: Redskins at Eagles
Two-minute drill Redskins vs. Eagles
Follow Us On Twitter
- Need to Know: The Redskins' best defensive games of 2015
- Seven months after switch, Redskins vet DeAngelo Hall is settling in at safety
- Need to Know: The Redskins are setting Cousins up for success
- Redskins' Kirk Cousins consults current and former NFL starters for advice
- Need to Know: Redskins couldn't take advantage of fumble recoveries
- Kirk Cousins is excited about Jamison Crowder's growth, Josh Doctson's potential
- Quality of Redskins' receiving corps may hinge on Doctson's learning curve
- Redskins teammates give Jordan Reed a hard time for new big-money contract
- Redskins' David Bruton excited to get 'first crack' at starting safety job
- Months later, Redskins ILB Perry Riley still battling foot injury