Nov 9, 2013, 6:42 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Saturday, November 9, eight days before the Washington Redskins play the Philadelphia Eagles.
Five Redskins numbers of interest
825—After nine games, Alfred Morris now has 825 yards rushing. That puts him ahead of his pace last year when he had 793 yards through nine games. He currently leads the NFL in rushing pending the Sunday games. In 2012 he set the team record with 1,613 yards rushing in a single season.
510—The Redskins are giving up an average of 31.9 points per game, putting them on pace to give up 510 points this season. That would shatter the post-merger team record of 421 yielded in 1998. Only three teams in NFL history have given up over 500 points in a year—the 1966 Giants, the 1981 Baltimore Colts and the 2008 Lions.
21—Washington has 21 sacks through nine games. That represents a 50 percent improvement over 2012, when the had 14 sacks after their ninth game. Last year the team finished with 31 sacks.
0—The Redskins committed no turnovers against the Vikings, their first giveaway-free game of the year. In their first nine games last year they had four games with no turnovers.
57—When Robert Griffin III attempts 57 more passes, which likely will take place between now and around halftime of the 49ers game, he will have attempted more passes than he did all of last year. The fewest passes he has thrown in a game this year is 29. Last year he threw 29 or fewer passes in a game 11 times.
—Days until: Redskins @ Eagles 8; Monday night 49ers @ Redskins 16; Giants @ Redskins 22
—Today’s schedule: Team off, no availability
In case you missed it
- Friday six pack: Looking at the loss
- Niles Paul makes the most of his second chance
- Snap counts vs. Vikings
- Chris Thompson headed to IR
- Second half meltdown has Redskins’ season on the brink
- Another double digit lead blown
Shanahan: We have to put complete games together
Follow Us On Twitter
- Ricky Jean-Francois adapting to new surroundings
- Ryan Kerrigan gives his two cents on DeSean Jackson's OTA absence
- Redskins at the crossroads: S Phillip Thomas
- Need to Know: Should the Redskins have run more on third and short?
- Paea wants to bring J.J. Watt-like attack to Redskins' defense
- Get to know Redskins rookie CB Tevin Mitchel
- Terrance Knighton on building 'brotherhood' on Redskins defense
- Jason Hatcher on the Redskins' improved defensive line
- New defense, new role for DeAngelo Hall as he comes back from injury
- After cutting Tracy Porter, Redskins sign a pair of cornerbacks