Nov 9, 2013, 6:42 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Saturday, November 9, eight days before the Washington Redskins play the Philadelphia Eagles.
Five Redskins numbers of interest
825—After nine games, Alfred Morris now has 825 yards rushing. That puts him ahead of his pace last year when he had 793 yards through nine games. He currently leads the NFL in rushing pending the Sunday games. In 2012 he set the team record with 1,613 yards rushing in a single season.
510—The Redskins are giving up an average of 31.9 points per game, putting them on pace to give up 510 points this season. That would shatter the post-merger team record of 421 yielded in 1998. Only three teams in NFL history have given up over 500 points in a year—the 1966 Giants, the 1981 Baltimore Colts and the 2008 Lions.
21—Washington has 21 sacks through nine games. That represents a 50 percent improvement over 2012, when the had 14 sacks after their ninth game. Last year the team finished with 31 sacks.
0—The Redskins committed no turnovers against the Vikings, their first giveaway-free game of the year. In their first nine games last year they had four games with no turnovers.
57—When Robert Griffin III attempts 57 more passes, which likely will take place between now and around halftime of the 49ers game, he will have attempted more passes than he did all of last year. The fewest passes he has thrown in a game this year is 29. Last year he threw 29 or fewer passes in a game 11 times.
—Days until: Redskins @ Eagles 8; Monday night 49ers @ Redskins 16; Giants @ Redskins 22
—Today’s schedule: Team off, no availability
In case you missed it
- Friday six pack: Looking at the loss
- Niles Paul makes the most of his second chance
- Snap counts vs. Vikings
- Chris Thompson headed to IR
- Second half meltdown has Redskins’ season on the brink
- Another double digit lead blown
Shanahan: We have to put complete games together
Follow Us On Twitter
- Kirk Cousins is excited about Jamison Crowder's growth, Josh Doctson's potential
- Quality of Redskins' receiving corps may hinge on Doctson's learning curve
- Redskins teammates give Jordan Reed a hard time for new big-money contract
- Redskins' David Bruton excited to get 'first crack' at starting safety job
- Months later, Redskins ILB Perry Riley still battling foot injury
- Need to Know: Cousins talks of Redskins' need for 'sustained success'
- Before signing Josh Norman, Redskins had sights set on Brandon Browner
- Josh Norman sees the fiery side of Kirk Cousins at Redskins OTAs: 'I was like, calm down'
- Meaningful work in Redskins' rushing game will have to wait until camp
- DeAngelo Hall on DeSean Jackson's OTAs absence: 'You want him here, but...'