Nov 8, 2013, 6:37 AM EST
Here is what you need to know on this Friday, November 8, nine days before the Washington Redskins go to Philadelphia to play the Eagles.
Fives notes from the Redskins 34-27 loss to the Vikings.
1. For the third straight game, the Redskins blew a double-digit lead in the second half. They led Denver 21-7 in the third quarter before losing 45-21, were up on San Diego 24-14 midway through the fourth quarter and had to win the game in overtime, and on Thursday they had a 27-14 lead in the third quarter.
2. The Redskins have allowed 287 points through nine games. That is the most they have allowed through nine games since the 1954 season.
3. Coming into the game, the Redskins were 7-1 under Mike Shanahan when leading a game by double digits at halftime. They had a 10-point lead at halftime against the Vikings.
4. The Redskins scored on their first five possessions of the game. The last time they did that was against the Falcons on November 3, 1985.
5. Pierre Garçon caught seven passes for 119 yards. He now has at least five catches in every game this season. His nine straight games with five or more catches is the second-longest such streak in Redskins history (Art Monk, 1984-85).
—Days until: Redskins @ Eagles 9; Monday night 49ers @ Redskins 17; Giants @ Redskins 23
—Today’s schedule: Mike Shanahan news conference, 5:30
In case you missed it
- Slipping away: Redskins lose lead, possibly season
- RG3 starts hot but can’t complete game-winning drive
- Davis inactive, will miss $500K bonus
Redskins let one slip away
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins will stay in house to fill needs at cornerback
- Trent Williams 'optimistic' about playing in Indy
- RG3 opens up on being benched: 'It was Coach's decision'
- Despite No. 3 status, Cousins remains confident
- Gruden: Allen, Snyder 'all on board' with decision to bench RG3
- Can Colt McCoy get the Redskins offense going?
- Production the bottom line in RG3 decision
- Gruden, Redskins react to RG3's benching
- Redskins teammates 'surprised' by RG3's benching
- McCoy: 'I don't know if I was benched, per se'