Nov 8, 2013, 6:37 AM EST
Here is what you need to know on this Friday, November 8, nine days before the Washington Redskins go to Philadelphia to play the Eagles.
Fives notes from the Redskins 34-27 loss to the Vikings.
1. For the third straight game, the Redskins blew a double-digit lead in the second half. They led Denver 21-7 in the third quarter before losing 45-21, were up on San Diego 24-14 midway through the fourth quarter and had to win the game in overtime, and on Thursday they had a 27-14 lead in the third quarter.
2. The Redskins have allowed 287 points through nine games. That is the most they have allowed through nine games since the 1954 season.
3. Coming into the game, the Redskins were 7-1 under Mike Shanahan when leading a game by double digits at halftime. They had a 10-point lead at halftime against the Vikings.
4. The Redskins scored on their first five possessions of the game. The last time they did that was against the Falcons on November 3, 1985.
5. Pierre Garçon caught seven passes for 119 yards. He now has at least five catches in every game this season. His nine straight games with five or more catches is the second-longest such streak in Redskins history (Art Monk, 1984-85).
—Days until: Redskins @ Eagles 9; Monday night 49ers @ Redskins 17; Giants @ Redskins 23
—Today’s schedule: Mike Shanahan news conference, 5:30
In case you missed it
- Slipping away: Redskins lose lead, possibly season
- RG3 starts hot but can’t complete game-winning drive
- Davis inactive, will miss $500K bonus
Redskins let one slip away
Follow Us On Twitter
- Pro Football Hall of Fame elects class of 2015
- Patriots or Seahawks? Tandler and Tarik give their predictions
- NFLPA chief says salary cap will be higher than league projection
- John Riggins joins STL on the 32nd anniversary of Super Bowl XVII
- Former Eagles coach shares memories of competing with Joe Gibbs
- Catch John Riggins on SportsTalk Live tonight at 10 p.m.!
- Will Morris sign a second contract with the Redskins?
- Will the Redskins hold on to NT Cofield?
- 2015 Redskins position outlook: Defensive line
- Redskins 2015 salary cap outlook: Defensive line