Nov 4, 2013, 6:20 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Monday, November 4, three days before the Washington Redskins visit the Minnesota Vikings.
Five notes from the Redskins’ 30-24 overtime win over the Chargers:
1. It appears that the Redskins have shaken the third-down woes that were drive stoppers during the early part of the season. Skins were 12-17 on 3rd down against the Chargers (70.6 percent). They are now 33-60 (55 percent) since the bye. They were 16-50 (32 percent) before the bye.
2. The Redskins did not allow a sack for the first time this season. It was the first time that they have not allowed a sack in a game with 30 or more pass attempts since a game against the Saints on December 6, 2009. It was a nice bounce back performance for the line after Robert Griffin III was hit about a dozen times last week against the Broncos.
3. The Redskins rushed for 209 yards and passed for 291. It was the third time this year they have rushed for over 200 yards and passed for over 200 in the same game. All of the other teams in the league have combined to do it twice this year. Washington’s 500 total yards were the most for the team since they beat the 49ers in overtime on December 26, 1999.
4. Running back Alfred Morris posted season highs in rushing attempts (25) and rushing yards (121). The Redskins are now 10-1 in games in which Morris records 20 or more rushing attempts, dating back to Morris’ rookie season last year. He rushed for the 18th touchdown on his career and his fifth of the season on a five-yard run. It marked the first time this season Morris had scored a touchdown in consecutive games.
5. Pierre Garçon’s 172 receiving yards were the most by a Redskin since Santana Moss gained 178 against the Lions on September 27, 2009. It was his 10th career 100-yard game and his fourth since joining the Redskins.
—Days until: Redskins @ Vikings 3; Redskins @ Eagles 13; Monday night 49ers @ Redskins 21
—Today’s schedule: Mike Shanahan news conference 5:30
In case you missed it
- Redskins work overtime to beat Chargers
- Griffin bounces back in Redskins’ OT win
- Morris revives run game in Redskins’ win
- Garçon makes catches and headlines
- Was the tumultuous week a distraction for the Redskins?
Fletcher talks about the goal line stand
Follow Us On Twitter
- Paisano's Facebook Live: Ryan Kerrigan takes your pre-Week 4 questions
- Browns WR Josh Gordon decides he needs to enter rehab
- Gruden presser wrapup: Redskins' Jackson should be ready for Browns
- Duke Ihenacho: Obviously I want to be playing but it's the coach's decision
- Signed off Redskins practice squad, center Austin Reiter could start for Browns
- Redskins have been protecting Kirk Cousins well
- Redskins Playbook: Nothing certain for Redskins at left guard
- Many changes in Redskins secondary but David Bruton healthy, ready to go
- After shadowing Odell Beckham, Redskins have different plans for Josh Norman against Terrelle Pryor
- Redskins rookie Robert Kelley has funny, honest reaction to his first NFL carries