Oct 28, 2013, 5:28 AM EST
DENVER–Here is what you need to know on this Monday, October 28, six days before the Washington Redskins host the San Diego Chargers.
Five notes from the Redskins’ 45-21 loss to the Broncos
1. The Redskins’ defense forced four turnovers, all of them charged to Peyton Manning (three interceptions, one lost fumble). The Redskins have now forced a turnover in 11 straight regular season games, the team’s longest streak since Weeks 7-17 in 2005. This is their first four takeaway game since 2010, when they forced six against the Bears. The scored 14 points off of the takeaways, pushing their total for the season to 55.
2. One of those takeways was a pick six by DeAngelo Hall. The pick-six was Hall’s fifth in his career and his second of the season, a new career high. He got another interception in the fourth quarter
3. Robert Griffin III posted a passer rating of 48.4 for the game (15-39, 132 yds, 1 TD, 2 INT). That was by far the worst if his career. His previous low came two weeks ago in Dallas when his rating was 58.3. In 2012 his worst rating came in Week 17 against the Cowboys when it was 66.9.
4. The Redskins drove 95 yards in 16 plays for a touchdown in the second quarter. By yardage it was the longest scoring drive since Mike Shanahan arrived in Washington. In fact, it was the longest scoring drive since a 95-yarder on October 29, 2008 against the Lions. That was the second month of the Jim Zorn era.
5. Alfred Morris rushed for 66 yards on nine carries in the first half. The 66 first-half yards were his most of the season and his most since Week 17 at Dallas last season (92). Morris carried eight times in the second half. He now has 108 rushing attempts on the season putting him on pace for 262 carries. Last year he had 335 carries.
—Days until: Chargers @ Redskins 6; Redskins @ Vikings 14; Redskins @ Eagles 20
—Today’s schedule: Player availability 11:15; Mike Shanahan news conference 3:00, telecast on Comcast SportsNet.
In case you missed it
Follow Us On Twitter
- Jason Hatcher out, Keenan Robinson doubtful for Redskins
- Redskins place Brandon Meriweather on IR
- The fans help predict Redskins vs. Eagles
- The Redskins' RG3 option decision will be an easy one
- Redskins have just enough salary cap space to get through the season
- OPEN THREAD: Even if healthy, should Trent Williams play for Redskins?
- Why giving up social media is a good move for RG3
- Could Trent Williams hurt the Redskins by playing?
- Kerrigan on Eagles and Cowboys: 'We have a chance to be spoiler'
- DeSean Jackson on McCoy's impression, his health