Oct 28, 2013, 5:28 AM EDT
DENVER–Here is what you need to know on this Monday, October 28, six days before the Washington Redskins host the San Diego Chargers.
Five notes from the Redskins’ 45-21 loss to the Broncos
1. The Redskins’ defense forced four turnovers, all of them charged to Peyton Manning (three interceptions, one lost fumble). The Redskins have now forced a turnover in 11 straight regular season games, the team’s longest streak since Weeks 7-17 in 2005. This is their first four takeaway game since 2010, when they forced six against the Bears. The scored 14 points off of the takeaways, pushing their total for the season to 55.
2. One of those takeways was a pick six by DeAngelo Hall. The pick-six was Hall’s fifth in his career and his second of the season, a new career high. He got another interception in the fourth quarter
3. Robert Griffin III posted a passer rating of 48.4 for the game (15-39, 132 yds, 1 TD, 2 INT). That was by far the worst if his career. His previous low came two weeks ago in Dallas when his rating was 58.3. In 2012 his worst rating came in Week 17 against the Cowboys when it was 66.9.
4. The Redskins drove 95 yards in 16 plays for a touchdown in the second quarter. By yardage it was the longest scoring drive since Mike Shanahan arrived in Washington. In fact, it was the longest scoring drive since a 95-yarder on October 29, 2008 against the Lions. That was the second month of the Jim Zorn era.
5. Alfred Morris rushed for 66 yards on nine carries in the first half. The 66 first-half yards were his most of the season and his most since Week 17 at Dallas last season (92). Morris carried eight times in the second half. He now has 108 rushing attempts on the season putting him on pace for 262 carries. Last year he had 335 carries.
—Days until: Chargers @ Redskins 6; Redskins @ Vikings 14; Redskins @ Eagles 20
—Today’s schedule: Player availability 11:15; Mike Shanahan news conference 3:00, telecast on Comcast SportsNet.
In case you missed it
Follow Us On Twitter
- Gruden on relationship with RG3: 'Happiness comes with wins'
- 'Anchorman' homage: Jay Gruden regrets decision on hot day
- Hatcher, Bowen and Hankerson put on PUP
- Ex-Redskin Fred Davis wanted in domestic violence assault
- Leonard Hankerson running, cutting on surgically repaired knee
- Source: Redskins CB Richard Crawford cleared for camp
- Hatcher, Bowen start camp on PUP list
- Broncos owner giving up control due to Alzheimer's
- OPEN THREAD: RG3 or DeSean Jackson bigger storyline at camp?
- How does Gruden's style differ from Shanahan's? (VIDEO)