Oct 26, 2013, 8:28 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Saturday, October 26, the day before the Washington Redskins play the Broncos in Denver.
Five items from the media notes sent out by the teams:
1. The Redskins are 6-6 all time against the Broncos. Washington has won two out of the last three meetings including the last one by Jim Zorn’s Redskins team at FedEx Field. There has been one meeting on a neutral field, the Redskins 42-10 win in Super Bowl XXII at jack Murphy Stadium in San Diego.
2. Peyton Manning has played in 231 regular season games. He has played in 91 of those (38.4 percent) without taking a sack and in 103 (43.5 percent) without an interception. And Manning has failed to pass for at least one touchdown in 26 games (11.3 percent).
3. Robert Griffin III said after the Bears game that Jordan Reed has “a good catch radius”. He wasn’t kidding. Against the Bears Reed was targeted nine times and caught all nine passes. In records available starting in 1991, Reed is the first Redskin to be targeted at least nine times and catch every pass.
4. The Redskins had three players with 11 or more rushing attempts against the Bears (Griffin with 11, Alfred Morris with 19 and Roy Helu Jr. with 11). The last time they had at least three players with 11 carries each was against the Giants on Dec. 7, 2003 when Trung Candidate had 19, Chad Morton had 13 and Rock Cartwright had 12.
5. Griffin passed for 298 yards against the Bears and rushed for 84 yards. It was the fifth time in his career, which started roughly a season and a half ago, that Griffin has had at least 200 yards passing and 75 running in a game. That’s third in NFL history. Tied for the lead with six are Randall Cunningham, who played in the NFL for 16 season, and Michael Vick, who is in his 11th NFL season.
—Days until: Redskins @ Broncos 1; Chargers @ Redskins 8; Redskins @ Vikings 12
—Today’s schedule: No availability, traveling to Denver
In case you missed it
- RG3 vs. Peyton, Round 1
- Doughty does not practice Friday
- Orakpo fined for hit on McCown
- Pugh ready if needed
- Robinson an X-factor for Redskins?
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins vs Lions Preview: 5 things to know as Washington goes to the Motor City
- NFL reportedly fines Redskins tight end Vernon Davis for jump shot celebration
- Doctson could return from IR in Week 15
- Need to Know: Five Redskins who are under pressure against the Lions
- Redskins injury report: Cravens good to go
- Redskins place first-round rookie WR Josh Doctson on injured reserve
- Redskins Jay Gruden makes it official: Jordan Reed out against Detroit
- Andre Roberts has actually been productive for the Lions this season
- Barry: Fuller very 'football mature', credits Virginia Tech
- WWE wrestler does Josh Norman's bow & arrow celebration in the ring