Oct 21, 2013, 5:31 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Monday, October 21, six days before the Washington Redskins travel to Denver to play the Broncos.
Five notes and quotes from Sunday’s Redskins-Bears game:
1. The 86 combined points scored in the game were the sixth-most in Redskins history and the highest since the Redskins and Eagles combined to score 87 on November of 2010.
2. The 41 points scored by the Bears were the most in a loss in team history. That means going back to 1921.
3. The Redskins passed for 290 yards and rushed for 209. It was the second consecutive game in which they ran for at least 200 yards and passed for 200 or more. That is the first time they have done that in team history.
4. Robert Griffin III said that his touchdown pass to Aldrick Robinson brought back the feeling they had during their seven-game winning streak last year. “Al made a great play, when I saw him catch it, it was a feeling of last year,” he said. You throw ‘Tana a ball down the middle of the field against Philly and he catches it over two defenders. Al catching those field posts in the Dallas game and the Philadelphia game. We had that feeling the whole game and the mojo was definitely working today.”
5. The game against the Bears marked the third fourth-quarter comeback win for Griffin. The other two came last year. On September 30 at Tampa Bay, he led a six-play, 49-yard drive that culminated in a 41-yard Billy Cundiff field goal with three second left that turned a 22-21 deficit into the 24-22 win. At FedEx Field on December 3, Griffin led an 86-yard drive that spanned the third and fourth quarters. With 11:37 left to play, Griffin fired an eight-yard touchdown pass to Pierre Garçon and the conversion put the Redskins up 17-16. The defense held on for the win.
—Days until: Redskins @ Broncos 6; Chargers @ Redskins 13; Redskins @ Vikings 17
—Today’s schedule: Mike Shanahan news conference 3:00, televised on Comcast SportsNet.
In case you missed it
- A win in the end
- RG3: “The mojo was definitely working today”
- More discipline for Meriweather?
- No RB controversy but Helu plays a big role
Ground game sets the tone
@Rich_TandlerCSN on Twitter
— Rich Tandler (@Rich_TandlerCSN) October 20, 2013
Follow Us On Twitter
- DeSean Jackson attends Eastern Conference Finals on first day of OTAs
- Redskins' DeAngelo Hall sets target date for return
- Gruden expects 'significant strides' from RG3 in 2015
- Redskins linebackers "gunning" for Brian Orakpo's old spot
- T. Williams, D. Jackson among 4 Skins starters missing at OTAs
- Where do Cousins & McCoy fit on the depth chart? Gruden explains
- Gruden on his and RG3's progress heading into their 2nd year together
- Griffin, Gruden joke about RG3 being a new father
- Need to Know: 5 defensive players with something to prove in OTAs
- Redskins OL Kouandjio on why he left Md. to play at Alabama