Oct 19, 2013, 6:42 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Saturday, October 19, one day before the Washington Redskins play the Chicago Bears at FedEx Field.
Five items from the Redskins’ and Bears’ media game notes:
1. Santana Moss has 9,929 career receiving yards. If he gets 71 more to get to 10,000 yards, he will be the seventh active player to do so. He would join Tony Gonzalez (the active receiving yards leader with 14,607), Reggie Wayne, Andre Johnson, Steve Smith, Larry Fitzgerald, and Anquan Boldin.
2. The series between the Washington Redskins and the Bears goes back to 1937 when Washington beat Chicago 28-21 in the NFL title game. That came in the Redskins’ first year in D. C. It’s quite an even series over the years; in fact, it’s deadlocked at 23-23-1 including regular and postseason games. Washington has won the last four meetings by an average of four points.
3. Pierre Garçon has 35 receptions, the most any Redskin has ever had through five games. He is on pace to catch 112 passes, which would break the team record set by Art Monk in 1984.
4. Last year, Alfred Morris 1,613 yards rushing were the third most for a rookie in NFL history. If he continues his current pace of 75.4 yards per game, he would be in the top 10 all-time for most rushing yards in a player’s first two seasons in the league with 2,819 yards. That would put him ahead of No. 9 Barry Sanders (2,774 yards in first 2 seasons) and behind LaDainian Tomlinson (2,919). Morris would have to pick up the pace some and average about 87 yards a game from here on out to become the seventh running back ever to gain 3,000 yards in his first two season.
5. Since Bears running back Matt Forte came into the league, he has gained 5,769 yards rusning and 2,569 receiving. Since 2008, Forte’s rookie season, only one other player, the Ravens’ Ray Rice, has at least 5,000 rushing yards and 2,500 receiving yards.
—Days until: Bears @ Redskins 1; Redskins @ Broncos 8; Chargers @ Redskins 15
—Today’s schedule: No availability
In case you missed it
- Preview: Can Redskins put it together?
- Amerson looks set to play on Sunday
- 5 keys + a prediction: Can Forbath regain his 2012 form?
- Helu won’t take anything for granted
- Griffin explains comments on penalties
Shanahan sees sense of urgency
Follow Us On Twitter
- Fact or Fiction: Redskins’ special teams units will continue to improve
- Josh Norman earns respect from peers, sets new 'Top 100' standard for Redskins
- A $20 million yearly average is now the floor for a Cousins deal
- Need to Know: Are the Cowboys the Redskins' biggest threat in the NFC East?
- Adam Schefter: Kirk Cousins contract extension 'too difficult to do'
- What Andrew Luck's new monster contract means for Kirk Cousins
- What is Kirk Cousins trying to say with this anniversary tweet
- Redskins true or false: Josh Norman will repeat as an All-Pro
- Position preview: Redskins looking for a Plan B at center
- Cowboys draft pick looks unlikely to play in 2016