Oct 19, 2013, 6:42 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Saturday, October 19, one day before the Washington Redskins play the Chicago Bears at FedEx Field.
Five items from the Redskins’ and Bears’ media game notes:
1. Santana Moss has 9,929 career receiving yards. If he gets 71 more to get to 10,000 yards, he will be the seventh active player to do so. He would join Tony Gonzalez (the active receiving yards leader with 14,607), Reggie Wayne, Andre Johnson, Steve Smith, Larry Fitzgerald, and Anquan Boldin.
2. The series between the Washington Redskins and the Bears goes back to 1937 when Washington beat Chicago 28-21 in the NFL title game. That came in the Redskins’ first year in D. C. It’s quite an even series over the years; in fact, it’s deadlocked at 23-23-1 including regular and postseason games. Washington has won the last four meetings by an average of four points.
3. Pierre Garçon has 35 receptions, the most any Redskin has ever had through five games. He is on pace to catch 112 passes, which would break the team record set by Art Monk in 1984.
4. Last year, Alfred Morris 1,613 yards rushing were the third most for a rookie in NFL history. If he continues his current pace of 75.4 yards per game, he would be in the top 10 all-time for most rushing yards in a player’s first two seasons in the league with 2,819 yards. That would put him ahead of No. 9 Barry Sanders (2,774 yards in first 2 seasons) and behind LaDainian Tomlinson (2,919). Morris would have to pick up the pace some and average about 87 yards a game from here on out to become the seventh running back ever to gain 3,000 yards in his first two season.
5. Since Bears running back Matt Forte came into the league, he has gained 5,769 yards rusning and 2,569 receiving. Since 2008, Forte’s rookie season, only one other player, the Ravens’ Ray Rice, has at least 5,000 rushing yards and 2,500 receiving yards.
—Days until: Bears @ Redskins 1; Redskins @ Broncos 8; Chargers @ Redskins 15
—Today’s schedule: No availability
In case you missed it
- Preview: Can Redskins put it together?
- Amerson looks set to play on Sunday
- 5 keys + a prediction: Can Forbath regain his 2012 form?
- Helu won’t take anything for granted
- Griffin explains comments on penalties
Shanahan sees sense of urgency
Follow Us On Twitter
- Can Duke Ihenacho learn Redskins' system in time?
- What to expect from Duke Ihenacho (VIDEO)
- Michael Sam finds home in NFC East
- Redskins sign Texas All-American to practice squad
- NFL suspends, fines Irsay under personal conduct policy
- Waiver wire: Viable difference makers are waiting for you
- OPEN THREAD: What can Redskins expect from new safety?
- Silas Redd's hard work pays off with opportunity of a lifetime
- Redskins P Tress Way got an opportunity, seized it
- Redskins Wendy's Q&A, Duke Ihenacho edition