Oct 14, 2013, 7:30 AM EST
Here is what you need to know on this Monday, October 14, six days before the Washington Redskins play the Chicago Bears at FedEx Field.
Five notes from the Redskins-Cowboys game:
1. The Cowboys had 213 yards of total offense. In all of the thousands of games in the NFL since 1940, only 63 have seen a team score over 30 points while gaining 213 yards of offense or less. The Redskins have not give up fewer yards to a team that put up 30 on them since 1944.
2. The Redskins rushed for 216 yards in the loss. Only three times since the merger have they run for more yards in a loss.
3. Pierre Garçon had six receptions, giving him 35 for the season. That is the most through five games by a Redskins player since the merger. Santana Moss had 33 in 2005 as did Laveranues Coles in 2003.
4. Alfred Morris’ 45-yard touchdown run in the third quarter was the longest run of his career. He now has five touchdowns against Dallas in three games. Only John Riggins (9 in 16 games), Stephen Davis (8 in 10 games) and Terry Allen (7 in 7 games) have more career rushing TD’s for the Redskins against the Cowboys.
5. Rob Jackson’s interception was his fifth since the start of the 2012 season. That is tied for the most among NFL linebackers in that time span.
—Days until: Bears @ Redskins 6; Redskins @ Broncos 13; Chargers @ Redskins 20
—Today’s schedule: Mike Shanahan news conference 3:00, will be telecast on Comcast SportsNet.
“There’s no quit in this team”
In case you missed it
Follow Us On Twitter
- REPORT: Former Redskins GM could be headed to New York
- Darrel Young back with a vengeance against Eagles
- Redskins draft prospect watch: Miami Beach Bowl
- Gruden saw the DeSean he wanted to see
- Gruden praises improved Redskins pass protection
- Two of Redskins' 2015 games still up in the air
- Projecting where Redskins will draft in first round
- OPEN THREAD: Redskins O-line bright spot vs Eagles
- Redskins improving in takeaway department lately
- Redskins rookie a 'long shot' to play against Cowboys