Oct 14, 2013, 7:30 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Monday, October 14, six days before the Washington Redskins play the Chicago Bears at FedEx Field.
Five notes from the Redskins-Cowboys game:
1. The Cowboys had 213 yards of total offense. In all of the thousands of games in the NFL since 1940, only 63 have seen a team score over 30 points while gaining 213 yards of offense or less. The Redskins have not give up fewer yards to a team that put up 30 on them since 1944.
2. The Redskins rushed for 216 yards in the loss. Only three times since the merger have they run for more yards in a loss.
3. Pierre Garçon had six receptions, giving him 35 for the season. That is the most through five games by a Redskins player since the merger. Santana Moss had 33 in 2005 as did Laveranues Coles in 2003.
4. Alfred Morris’ 45-yard touchdown run in the third quarter was the longest run of his career. He now has five touchdowns against Dallas in three games. Only John Riggins (9 in 16 games), Stephen Davis (8 in 10 games) and Terry Allen (7 in 7 games) have more career rushing TD’s for the Redskins against the Cowboys.
5. Rob Jackson’s interception was his fifth since the start of the 2012 season. That is tied for the most among NFL linebackers in that time span.
—Days until: Bears @ Redskins 6; Redskins @ Broncos 13; Chargers @ Redskins 20
—Today’s schedule: Mike Shanahan news conference 3:00, will be telecast on Comcast SportsNet.
“There’s no quit in this team”
In case you missed it
Follow Us On Twitter
- Need to Know: Last words on Redskins vs. Lions—It just wasn't Washington's day
- Stephen A. Smith mocks Redskins again after loss to Lions
- Redskins injury report: Team will monitor Williams, Scherff
- Jordan Reed will practice for Redskins, but he's still not cleared to play vs. Bengals
- Josh Norman's return from concussion could be complicated by London travel
- Initial Trent Williams injury news is 'good,' per CSN source
- What should the Redskins do at running back?
- Effective in Detroit but lacking big plays, Kirk Cousins says 'I go where my reads take me'
- Did DeSean Jackson take a shot at Redskins' offense on Instagram?
- Redskins' loss leaves them in a muddled situation