Oct 12, 2013, 6:04 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Saturday, October 12, one day before the Washington Redskins visit the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday night football.
Five numbers that matter for the Redskins
-21: The Redskins’ net point differential this year (minus-5.2 point/game). In 2012 they outscored the opposition by 48 points (plus-3 points/game).
30.8: According to Football Outsiders, the number of yards the Redskins gain in an average offensive drive. By comparison, the Broncos are the best in the NFL here with 43.4 yards per drive and Jaguars are the worst with 18.3.
2: The number of interceptions the Redskins have through four games this year. Last year they had five through their first four games (at least one in every game) and 21 for the season.
12: The number of plays of 20 yards or more by the Redskins this year. Through four games last year they had 21
29: The number of receptions Pierre Garçon has this season. That is the most receptions for a Redskins receiver through four games since at least 1960.
—Days until: Redskins @ Cowboys 1; Bears @ Redskins 8; Redskins @ Broncos 15
—Today’s schedule: No availability; team will have a walkthrough in the morning and then leave for Dallas this afternoon
Tandler and Tarik Two-Minute Drill
In case you missed it
- Prediction: Could Reed help spring an upset?
- Point-Counterpoint: Will the Redskins make the playoffs?
- Injury report: Morris, Reed probable
- Game preview: Stopping the Dallas air attack
- Griffin under the microscope
Follow Us On Twitter
- Kirk Cousins is excited about Jamison Crowder's growth, Josh Doctson's potential
- Quality of Redskins' receiving corps may hinge on Doctson's learning curve
- Redskins teammates give Jordan Reed a hard time for new big-money contract
- Redskins' David Bruton excited to get 'first crack' at starting safety job
- Months later, Redskins ILB Perry Riley still battling foot injury
- Need to Know: Cousins talks of Redskins' need for 'sustained success'
- Before signing Josh Norman, Redskins had sights set on Brandon Browner
- Josh Norman sees the fiery side of Kirk Cousins at Redskins OTAs: 'I was like, calm down'
- Meaningful work in Redskins' rushing game will have to wait until camp
- DeAngelo Hall on DeSean Jackson's OTAs absence: 'You want him here, but...'