Oct 8, 2013, 5:32 AM EST
Here is what you need to know on this Tuesday, October 8, five days before the Washington Redskins visit the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday night.
1. DeAngelo Hall shook his head in amazement watching the Denver defenders just miss making plays against Tony Romo and the Cowboys on Sunday: “I didn’t watch that meticulously to exactly what Denver was doing defensively but It felt like everything Dallas tried to do worked perfect and everything they [Denver] did on defense didn’t work at all.”
2. Is a better WiFi signal coming to FedEx Field? The NFL owners meetings are being held in Washington this week. One tidbit did come out before things got underway. According to Mark Maske of the Washington Post, the league owners are going to vote on a proposal that would give the Redskins $27 million for various renovations to their stadium including upgraded WiFi for fans in the stands. If approved, the money would also go towards stadium signage, some seating modifications and an expansion to the Hall of Fame located at the stadium.
3. It looks like Jordan Reed (bruised thigh) will play on Sunday. He was moving around pretty well at the part of practice that was open to the media. “Everything feels good, just a little sore,” he said. “But I’ll be ready for Dallas, definitely.” The Redskins will need every offensive weapon they can gather if they want to keep up with the Cowboys on Sunday.
4. Logan Paulsen (knee sprain), on the other hand, is not quite so certain. “I don’t know [but] I’m cautiously optimistic that I’m going to play,” Paulsen said. “It’s gotten better every day.”
5. The Redskins held a practice in shells in the practice bubble to stay out of the rain. Another advantage of the bubble is that they can crank up the speakers to simulate crowd noise. Sometimes when they are preparing to play in a noisy, domed venue they will use the indoor facility to work on communication even when the weather is nice outside. It will be interesting to see if they do that this week.
Stat of the day
—This year the Redskins have fumbled six times and have lost half of them. Last year they put the ball on the ground 26 times and only lost six (23 percent).
—Days until: Redskins @ Cowboys 5; Bears @ Redskins 12; Redskins @ Broncos 19
—Today’s schedule: Off day, no availability
Santana Moss talks about his vacation
In case you missed it
- Paulsen unsure of his status
- Morris, Forbath expect to play in Dallas
- Jordan Reed’s development is ahead of schedule
- An impossible task for the Redskins in Dallas?
- The Redskins get back to work
@Rich_TandlerCSN on Twitter
— Rich Tandler (@Rich_TandlerCSN) October 8, 2013
Follow Us On Twitter
- John Riggins joins STL on the 32nd anniversary of Super Bowl XVII
- Former Eagles coach shares memories of competing with Joe Gibbs
- Catch John Riggins on SportsTalk Live tonight at 10 p.m.!
- Will the Redskins hold on to NT Cofield?
- 2015 Redskins position outlook: Defensive line
- Redskins 2015 salary cap outlook: Defensive line
- Wings, pizza, queso: What's the best Super Bowl snack?
- Looking at Redskins GM Scot McCloughan's first-round picks with 49ers
- How can the Redskins build a Super Bowl quality O-line?
- As Deflategate rolls on, allegations against more NFL coaches emerge