Sep 28, 2013, 5:22 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Saturday, September 28, one day before the Redskins visit the Raiders.
Five items from the Redskins’ and Raiders’ media game notes:
1. London Fletcher is expected to play in his 244th consecutive game, the most of any active player. If he does play on Sunday he will break Bill Romanowski’s record for most consecutive games played by a defensive player since the 1970 merger.
2. Santana Moss needs to catch six passes to push his total with the Redskins to 650 and move past Gary Clark and into third place on the team’s all-time receptions list. The only players in front of him would be Hall of Famers Art Monk and Charley Taylor.
3. The last time the Redskins played the Raiders (12/13/09) Brian Orakpo had four sacks, a total that is still his career high and tied the team record for sacks in a game.
4. Raiders defensive back Charles Woodson returned to the team that made him the fourth overall pick of the 1998 draft this past offseason. He is second among active players with 55 interceptions, trailing only Ed Reed (61).
5. Of the Raiders 53 players, 28 of them are new to the team this year. Eight of the players listed as defensive starters were not with the Raiders last year (7 free agents, 1 draft pick).
—Days until: Redskins @ Raiders 1; Redskins @ Cowboys 15; Bears @ Redskins 22
—Today’s schedule: No availability, team traveled to California on Friday, will hold walkthrough at O.co Coliseum today.
Game planning for two quarterbacks
In case you missed it
- How close are the Redskins?
- Pryor cleared, could play vs. Redskins
- Reed, Forbath, Davis listed as questionable
- Game preview: Redskins desperately seeking a win
- A learning process for Amerson
Follow Us On Twitter
- Gruden confirms Breeland will miss 4 to 6 weeks
- Redskins training camp practice report, Day 3
- Scherff speaks on first training camp
- Redskins could try inexperienced options in Breeland's absence
- Tarik's training camp checklist: Day 3
- ‘Skins GM on Galette: ‘We felt fine with him as a person’
- Breeland responds to suspension on Twitter
- Redskins need RG3 to be efficient, not spectacular
- Redskins' Garçon stays late, shows leadership
- Report: Injury will sideline Breeland 'only' into early regular season