Sep 23, 2013, 3:55 PM EDT
Here’s a look at who played how much against the Lions (snap counts via Pro Football Focus):
Offense 80 snaps
QB/O-line: Robert Griffin III, Trent Williams, Kory Lichtensteiger, Will Montgomery, Chris Chester, Tyler Polumbus all played 80
This group is now 219/219 for the season
Wide receivers: Pierre Garçon 71, Leonard Hankerson 56, Santana Moss 44, Josh Morgan 25, Aldrick Robinson 11
That’s a lot of snaps for Hankerson, who again started over Morgan. Robinson had two big “catches”, one of which was nullified by a penalty and the other one that he couldn’t quite hold on to in the end zone
Tight ends: Jordan Reed 32, Logan Paulsen 56, Niles Paul 7
With Davis out, the Redskins probably planned to play Reed more but a bruised quad kept him out for most of the second half.
Running backs: Alfred Morris 43, Roy Helu Jr. 36, Darrel Young 19
If you throw a lot of passes, that means more snaps for Helu and fewer for Young.
Defense 74 snaps
Defensive line: Barry Cofield 54 Stephen Bowen 55, Kedric Golston 57, Phillip Merling 18, Nick Barnett 8, Chris Neild 13
Neild was active instead of Chris Baker and played about the same number of snaps.
Linebacker: Ryan Kerrigan 67, Perry Riley 67, Brian Orakpo 64, London Fletcher 59, Nick Barnett 8, Darryl Tapp 3,
Barnett filled in some snaps for Fletcher
Defensive back: Josh Wilson, DeAngelo Hall, Brandon Meriweather, David Amerson all played 67, E. J. Biggers 4
Meriweather played his first complete game since Week 5 of the 2011 season. Kind of an odd alignment, using 3 CB’s and 1 S the entire game with the exception of Biggers being in for four plays.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Seven months after switch, Redskins vet DeAngelo Hall is settling in at safety
- Need to Know: The Redskins are setting Cousins up for success
- Redskins' Kirk Cousins consults current and former NFL starters for advice
- Need to Know: Redskins couldn't take advantage of fumble recoveries
- Kirk Cousins is excited about Jamison Crowder's growth, Josh Doctson's potential
- Quality of Redskins' receiving corps may hinge on Doctson's learning curve
- Redskins teammates give Jordan Reed a hard time for new big-money contract
- Redskins' David Bruton excited to get 'first crack' at starting safety job
- Months later, Redskins ILB Perry Riley still battling foot injury
- Need to Know: Cousins talks of Redskins' need for 'sustained success'