Sep 15, 2013, 6:15 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Sunday, September 15, the day the Redskins play the Packers at Lambeau Field.
That Was the Week That Was
—The Redskins did not have a game all of last year without someone showing up on the injury report as questionable or worse. They were a Kai Forbath groin injury away from having one this year.
—I hope the Redskins worked on not holding during their blocks or at least holding better so that they don’t flagged for it. They had three holds last week and it seemed like each of them came at exactly the wrong time. They were flagged for holding only 21 times all of last year.
—The Redskins signed John Potter and brought him to Green Bay with them. It remains to be seen if he will be active for the game or Forbath will be good to go. If Forbath has to sit then Potter will have to try a field goal in a game that counts for the first time since he was at Western Michigan in 2011. That year he hit 57 of 57 extra points and 16 of 22 field goals.
—Is this game as simple as the Redskins getting a lead? Aaron Rodgers is 1-9 at home when the Packers trail by 7+ points. That’s at any point during the game.
—I enjoyed talking to Alfred Morris about the prospect of sometimes being the last man standing between Clay Matthews and Robert Griffin III. He takes his pass blocking responsibility seriously and he doesn’t really care if it’s Matthews or anyone else coming at him. All he cares about is getting in the way.
—I suspect that Pat White will be back as long as the Redskins manage to get out of this game without any moderately serious injuries. I would be surprised if any team claimed him off of waivers (deadline Monday 4 p.m.). As long as the Redskins have no need to put anyone else into that 53rd roster spot, White could reclaim it next week.
—Last Sunday Eddie Lacy led the Packers with 41 yards rushing. That was the 44th straight game for the Packers without a 100-yard rusher, the longest active streak in the NFL. The las time Green Bay had a 100-yard rusher? The last time they played the Redskins on October 10, 2010 Brandon Jackson rushed for 115 yards.
In case you missed it
- Game preview: Football’s back, and so is RG3
- A new look offense for Redskins, RG3?
- Still 4 QBs on the roster
- Instant analysis: False start, Redskins get going too late vs. Eagles
- RG3 won’t use rust as an “excuse”
- Eagles’ Williams says RG3 looked rusty
- Is RG3 good to go?
- Practice makes perfect
- NFL says Griffin didn’t have to cover brace
- Grades: Offense arrived too late
- Grades: Defense misses the mark
- No concussion for Kerrigan
- RG3 bolsters his legend after bad start
- Pulse Report: Recapping the game through social media
- RG3 says the Redskins had the “can’t get rights”
- RG3 says he “passed the hit test”
- Griffin knows his mechanics are scrutinized
- Meriweather practices fully
- Thompson says he’ll learn from punt miscues
- Snap counts vs. Eagles
- A heavy workload for Riley
- NFL fines Hall $20K
- Orakpo focusing on stopping run
- Frustrated Meriweather hopes to play Sunday
- Correctable mistake for Forbath
- History lesson: Rivers, Palmer post-ACL
- NFL safety a new experience for Biggers
- Redskins respect Aaron Rodgers
- Game prediction: Ambush at Lambeau?
- Forbath injures groin, listed as questionable
- Morris could be last man between Matthews, Griffin
- Game preview: Can RG3 maintain momentum?
- Cofield “just went out and played” with club cast
- Cofield wants to see “turbo” Meriweather on Sunday
- Don’t look for Redskins to adopt Philly’s fast break
- Redskins sign Potter, release White
- Fantasy Fix: Shootout at Lambeau?
- Reed hopes to build on strong debut
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins call audible on RG3's approach to rehab
- OPEN THREAD: How will Kirk Cousins respond to Giants game?
- Where are we? The state of the Redskins in Week 5
- VIDEO: Redskins help promote Play 60
- Week 4 stats: Cousins as bad as he was good
- Gruden reacts to Giants loss: Thank goodness it only counts once
- Redskins Park news and notes--Gruden tight lipped on injuries
- Jordan Reed takes steps towards returning
- Trent Williams hopes to play against Seattle
- Gruden: RG3 recovery timetable still up in the air