Aug 27, 2013, 6:56 PM EDT
The NFL has reported that cornerback Richard Crawford, who the Redskins waived with an injury designation on Tuesday, was not claimed by another NFL team and will be added to Washington’s injured reserve list.
The second-year player was slated to return punts and be a reserve cornerback on the team before his injury on Saturday. He suffered damage to multiple ligaments in his left knee, including a torn ACL, while returning a punt in a preseason game against the Bills.
Linebacker Jeremy Kimbrough, who was waived with an injury designation at the same time, also cleared waivers and will be added to the Redskins’ injured reserve.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins' Hatcher is wary of the Eagles' atack
- Hall has been where DeSean Jackson is this week
- Week 3 Start 'Em and Sit 'Em: Time for Torrey?
- Chip Kelly finally reveals why he cut DeSean Jackson
- OPEN THREAD: Can the Redskins trust Brandon Meriweather?
- Gruden: Redskins had interest in Sproles
- Gruden wants reinstated Meriweather to 'bring the funk'
- Timetable for Redskins TE Reed's return remains uncertain
- Redskins' Gruden clarifies Griffin recovery timeline
- Wait...what happened to Doug Williams before Super Bowl XXII?