Aug 27, 2013, 6:56 PM EDT
The NFL has reported that cornerback Richard Crawford, who the Redskins waived with an injury designation on Tuesday, was not claimed by another NFL team and will be added to Washington’s injured reserve list.
The second-year player was slated to return punts and be a reserve cornerback on the team before his injury on Saturday. He suffered damage to multiple ligaments in his left knee, including a torn ACL, while returning a punt in a preseason game against the Bills.
Linebacker Jeremy Kimbrough, who was waived with an injury designation at the same time, also cleared waivers and will be added to the Redskins’ injured reserve.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins announce Lichtensteiger, Hall to injured reserve, two players signed
- Redskins move Kory Lichtensteiger to IR, make add at center, per report
- With DeAngelo Hall done for the year, Redskins try out former Gators safety
- Redskins' Cousins passing more often and more effectively on first down
- Number Crunch - Redskins offense looks poised for a breakout
- Center depth issues not new for Redskins - even with attempts to improve
- Kouandjio likely to start at left guard for Redskins on Sunday
- Need to Know: Final thoughts on Redskins vs. Giants—Is the Cousins of 2015 back yet?
- Gruden presser wrapup: Even he's not sure what a catch is
- Why all options are on the table for Redskins' offensive line