Aug 27, 2013, 6:56 PM EST
The NFL has reported that cornerback Richard Crawford, who the Redskins waived with an injury designation on Tuesday, was not claimed by another NFL team and will be added to Washington’s injured reserve list.
The second-year player was slated to return punts and be a reserve cornerback on the team before his injury on Saturday. He suffered damage to multiple ligaments in his left knee, including a torn ACL, while returning a punt in a preseason game against the Bills.
Linebacker Jeremy Kimbrough, who was waived with an injury designation at the same time, also cleared waivers and will be added to the Redskins’ injured reserve.
Follow Us On Twitter
- REPORT: Former Redskins GM could be headed to New York
- Darrel Young back with a vengeance against Eagles
- Redskins draft prospect watch: Miami Beach Bowl
- Gruden saw the DeSean he wanted to see
- Gruden praises improved Redskins pass protection
- Two of Redskins' 2015 games still up in the air
- Projecting where Redskins will draft in first round
- OPEN THREAD: Redskins O-line bright spot vs Eagles
- Redskins improving in takeaway department lately
- Redskins rookie a 'long shot' to play against Cowboys