Aug 27, 2013, 6:56 PM EDT
The NFL has reported that cornerback Richard Crawford, who the Redskins waived with an injury designation on Tuesday, was not claimed by another NFL team and will be added to Washington’s injured reserve list.
The second-year player was slated to return punts and be a reserve cornerback on the team before his injury on Saturday. He suffered damage to multiple ligaments in his left knee, including a torn ACL, while returning a punt in a preseason game against the Bills.
Linebacker Jeremy Kimbrough, who was waived with an injury designation at the same time, also cleared waivers and will be added to the Redskins’ injured reserve.
Follow Us On Twitter
- OPEN THREAD: Does drug test impact Redskins interest in Randy Gregory?
- What positions are the Redskins unlikely to draft at No. 5?
- Redskins exec Doug Williams: 'Nobody has given up on [RG3]'
- Gruden: D-Hall may need to rely on experience, not athleticism
- What does Mariota's visit with the Redskins mean?
- Are there non-Mariota draft trade back scenarios for the Redskins?
- Jay Gruden on possibility Skins draft Mariota
- Tarik El-Bashir previews the Redskins' meeting with QB Marcus Mariota
- Redskins plan to host QB prospect Marcus Mariota
- Gruden's goal: Get Garçon more touches in '15