Aug 27, 2013, 6:56 PM EDT
The NFL has reported that cornerback Richard Crawford, who the Redskins waived with an injury designation on Tuesday, was not claimed by another NFL team and will be added to Washington’s injured reserve list.
The second-year player was slated to return punts and be a reserve cornerback on the team before his injury on Saturday. He suffered damage to multiple ligaments in his left knee, including a torn ACL, while returning a punt in a preseason game against the Bills.
Linebacker Jeremy Kimbrough, who was waived with an injury designation at the same time, also cleared waivers and will be added to the Redskins’ injured reserve.
Follow Us On Twitter
- How will Cavanaugh impact RG3?
- Redskins position preview: Cornerback
- Redskins will benefit the least from Richardson, McClain and Hardy suspensions
- Even after free agency, Redskins Super Bowl odds still get worse
- Is play action a cure for Redskins' and RG3's problems?
- Ryan Kerrigan gives update on knee after surgery
- Redskins preseason Q&A: Which rookie will have the most impact?
- Redskins position preview: Quarterback
- Is DeSean Jackson's new reality show a distraction?
- NBA free agency causes Redskins safety to speak up