Aug 27, 2013, 6:56 PM EDT
The NFL has reported that cornerback Richard Crawford, who the Redskins waived with an injury designation on Tuesday, was not claimed by another NFL team and will be added to Washington’s injured reserve list.
The second-year player was slated to return punts and be a reserve cornerback on the team before his injury on Saturday. He suffered damage to multiple ligaments in his left knee, including a torn ACL, while returning a punt in a preseason game against the Bills.
Linebacker Jeremy Kimbrough, who was waived with an injury designation at the same time, also cleared waivers and will be added to the Redskins’ injured reserve.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Ryan Clark: At this rate 'have to start 4:30 games at 7:30'
- Bubble battles: Royster, Rambo and Hocker (VIDEO)
- Gruden on Griffin sliding
- Redskins claim punter off waivers
- Jay Gruden: RG3 has got to get down to get up
- Barry Cofield (groin) sits out Redskins practice
- Jay Gruden names the Redskins starting middle linebacker
- Hatcher set to make Redskins debut on Saturday
- DeAngelo Hall calls Rambo the Redskins' 'best player' in preseason
- What the world needs now: An RG3 digital comic book