Aug 27, 2013, 6:56 PM EST
The NFL has reported that cornerback Richard Crawford, who the Redskins waived with an injury designation on Tuesday, was not claimed by another NFL team and will be added to Washington’s injured reserve list.
The second-year player was slated to return punts and be a reserve cornerback on the team before his injury on Saturday. He suffered damage to multiple ligaments in his left knee, including a torn ACL, while returning a punt in a preseason game against the Bills.
Linebacker Jeremy Kimbrough, who was waived with an injury designation at the same time, also cleared waivers and will be added to the Redskins’ injured reserve.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins-49ers observations including Morris finally passing 100
- Redskins fail to capitalize on turnovers
- Redskins show more fight but get same result in SanFran
- Is RG3 or the offensive line to blame for struggles?
- Injuries stretch Redskins' secondary thin
- What was behind Morris' 125-yard day vs. 49ers?
- Griffin says Redskins won't quit
- Injury Report: Redskins captain lost for season?
- Room for improvement, Morris moving offense
- Gruden proud of Redskins defense