Aug 27, 2013, 6:56 PM EST
The NFL has reported that cornerback Richard Crawford, who the Redskins waived with an injury designation on Tuesday, was not claimed by another NFL team and will be added to Washington’s injured reserve list.
The second-year player was slated to return punts and be a reserve cornerback on the team before his injury on Saturday. He suffered damage to multiple ligaments in his left knee, including a torn ACL, while returning a punt in a preseason game against the Bills.
Linebacker Jeremy Kimbrough, who was waived with an injury designation at the same time, also cleared waivers and will be added to the Redskins’ injured reserve.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins DL Bowen out 6 months after surgery
- RG3: Redskins have 'a winning recipe'
- Redskins OL Maurice Hurt to season-ending IR
- Redskins injury list grows longer
- Redskins' offense losing steam in second half
- After knocking him down, Tuck gives RG3 a lift.
- Where are we? The state of the Redskins after 12 games
- RG3 taking too many hits according to Rolle
- OPEN THREAD: Players need to prove themselves
- First look at Redskins-Chiefs