Aug 27, 2013, 6:56 PM EDT
The NFL has reported that cornerback Richard Crawford, who the Redskins waived with an injury designation on Tuesday, was not claimed by another NFL team and will be added to Washington’s injured reserve list.
The second-year player was slated to return punts and be a reserve cornerback on the team before his injury on Saturday. He suffered damage to multiple ligaments in his left knee, including a torn ACL, while returning a punt in a preseason game against the Bills.
Linebacker Jeremy Kimbrough, who was waived with an injury designation at the same time, also cleared waivers and will be added to the Redskins’ injured reserve.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Tarik's camp checklist: Can RG3 stay sharp on Day 4?
- Chris Culliver on developing chemistry with DeAngelo Hall
- How big a role for Redskins RB Matt Jones?
- Drama continues to swirl in Philly following Boykin trade
- Galette addition will shuffle the Redskins’ OLB depth chart—but when?
- Gruden confirms Breeland will miss 4 to 6 weeks
- Redskins training camp practice report, Day 3
- Scherff speaks on first training camp
- Redskins could try inexperienced options in Breeland's absence
- Tarik's training camp checklist: Day 3