Aug 21, 2013, 5:59 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Wednesday, August 21, three days before the Redskins take on the Bills at FedEx Field.
Back to the park
After spending their first training camp away from home since 2002, the Redskins will return to practice at Redskins Park today.
They will find Redskins Park to be considerably different from the way it was when they last left it. Construction on the main building was underway when the players last officially gathered there for minicamp last June. Many of them have been by the facility since the expansion was finished but today will be the first day they actually go to work there.
The weight room and training room were both expanded and updated. The old Redskins Park didn’t have a kitchen and all team meals were catered. They now have that kitchen plus a crew of chefs and nutritionists to prepare and serve means for the players.
There are some other improvements including, rumor has it, an upgraded press conference area. It would not be difficult to upgrade over the old spot, a section of the back wall outside under an overhang. Being exposed to heat, cold, and rain is not big deal for members of the media but the passing jets landing and taking off from nearby Dulles Airport made some answers difficult to hear. Again, I’m not sure that the press conference area was upgraded, but it has been moved; the wall where it was is now gone.
If there is a new area, the first one to use it will be quarterback Robert Griffin III. He is scheduled to speak to the media after today’s practice, which starts at 1 p.m. I would not expect too much out of him in the way of verbal fireworks. Based on recent broadcast interviews is appears that Griffin is going to keep any disagreements he may have with Mike Shanahan concerning his knee rehab, or concerning anything else for that matter, behind closed doors.
11:15—Open locker room (interviews with players)
12:00–Robert Griffin III press conference
1:00—Practice (only first 30 minutes open to media)
After practice (approx. 3:30) —Mike Shanahan news conference
Garçon gives back to the community
In case you missed it
- Good news on Cousins’ MRI
- Redskins will go behind curtain
- Kerrigan leads strong defensive effort
- Hankerson knew he’d get TD
- Turnovers, penalties mar Redskins’ effort
- Waiting to exhale
Days until: Bills @ Redskins 3; Final cuts 10; Eagles @ Redskins 19
Tandler on Twitter
.@JDot2121 It looked like the Redskins dodged the bullet. No injury from last night should cost any player a regular season game.
— Rich Tandler (@Rich_TandlerCSN) August 20, 2013
Follow Us On Twitter
- Loss of Jarrett to injury will have long term effects on Redskins defense
- OPEN THREAD: Loss of Junior Galette not cause for panic - right?
- Need to Know: 5 Redskins with a lot to prove as training camp approaches
- DeAngelo Hall to be inducted into Virginia Tech Hall of Fame
- Redskins' outside LB depth chart looking thin after Galette injury
- After promising rookie season ends with terrible injury, Redskins waive Kyshoen Jarrett
- With Junior Galette out for the season are any free agents worth bringing in? Greg Hardy?
- Junior Galette tears Achilles tendon days before training camp
- Following NFL trend, Redskins sell naming rights for practice facility
- Can Redskins' Cousins continue to avoid the turnover bug?