Aug 20, 2013, 4:25 PM EDT
After having 10 days off between their first preseason games, the schedule picks up considerably for the Redskins from here on out. They will get four days off before Saturday’s preseason game against the Bills at FedEx Field and then another four-day break before they wrap up their preseason at Tampa Bay the following Thursday.
In between those final two preseason games the Redskins must trim their roster to a maximum of 75 players. That round of cuts is due by 4 p.m. on Tuesday, August 27. Cuts to bring the roster down to 53 are due on Saturday, August 31 at 6 p.m.
The Redskins returning to practice at their facility means that the team will not have any fans present during practice and the media can only watch stretching and some individual drills.
This means no more snap counts, completion percentages or passer ratings for Griffin in his 11 on 11 sessions (I’m sure that some of you will miss that more than others). We will be able to see who is dressed for practice but we won’t know who actually practices. What they are doing offensively and defensively will be under wraps. The daily reports tell us if a player participated in all of practice or just part of it will not come out until the Thursday before the Monday night opener.
There aren’t many practice days left between now and theopener The Redskins will have two full practices this week and two next week. After they reduce the team to 53 players they will have two, maybe three full practices to get ready to play the Eagles. That adds up to seven more full practices between now and the Eagles game on September 9.
It’s getting late early.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins vs Browns Preview: 5 things to know as Washington looks to get even
- Enemy Intel: Tandler looks around the NFL—What's up with Dez?
- More talk of Redskins OC Sean McVay as head coach - but this time on college level
- Need to Know: Five Redskins who are under pressure to perform against the Browns
- Redskins' Josh Norman elected alternate NFLPA rep weeks after criticizing union
- Josh Norman fined for rough play against Giants
- Cravens declared NFL Clutch Performer of the Week
- Despite focus on Terrelle Pryor, Redskins need to stop Browns run game
- Redskins-Browns injury report: Doctson, two starters out for Washington
- Redskins Playbook: Determining rotation of Trent Murphy, Ryan Kerrigan and Preston Smith