Aug 20, 2013, 7:16 AM EDT
RICHMOND—Here is what you need to know on this Tuesday, August 20, four days before the Redskins take on the Bills at FedEx Field.
On top of injuries, sloppiness
One of the goals the Redskins had going into last night’s preseason game against the Steelers was to come out of it injury free. With injuries to Kirk Cousins and Barry Cofield, plus some bumps and bruises suffered by others, they did not meet that goal.
They also wanted to play a cleaner game than they did against the Titans. In Tennessee they committed 11 penalties for 89 yards. That goal went by the waside as well.
The Redskins committed seven penalties for 72 yards against the Steelers. Included in that total were three 15-yard personal foul flags.
“You’ve got to take a look at personal fouls,” he said. “You’ve got to eliminate them. That’s one of the reasons why you have preseason, to eliminate those silly mistakes.”
The penalties weren’t the only issues. The Redskins fumbled twice and lost the ball both times and Pat White and Rex Grossman each threw an interception.
The Redskins don’t have much time to work on eliminating those “silly mistakes”. Their next game is this Saturday against the Bills at FedEx Field.
Cofield says hand needs tap and TLC
In case you missed it
- Cofield suffers broken hand but expects to return soon
- Instant Analysis: Cousins injured in win
- RG3’s status to be determined after Bucs game
- Cousins leaves game after injury
- RG3 wears “Operation Patience” T-shirt
Days until: Bills @ Redskins 4; Redskins @ Packers 26; Redskins @ Cowboys 54
Tandler on Twitter
Initial reports are that #Redskins have dodged major injury bullet. Will emphasize “initial”.
— Rich Tandler (@Rich_TandlerCSN) August 20, 2013
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins draft board: Quarterback
- GM's history points to an edge rusher with Redskins' top pick
- What's the best case win total for the 2015 Redskins?
- 25 Redskins questions: What will the 2015 record be?
- Joe Theismann agrees with decision to name RG3 the starter
- Who were McCloughan's best late-round picks?
- Eagles chase for Mariota might not be over
- Report: Top WR visited the Redskins
- For Garçon, Redskins must improve in 2015 or "it's all bad"
- Redskins sending coaches to meet with top edge rusher