Aug 19, 2013, 9:09 PM EST
Kirk Cousins has left the Redskins preseason game against the Steelers with an what is being reported as a mid-foot sprain.
“They feel like it’s mild right now so that’s a good thing,” said Mike Shanahan.
X-rays conducted on the right foot were negative, according to reports. Cousins will have an MRI on the foot on Tuesday.
Cousins, who started the game in place of Robert Griffin III, was injured early in the second quarter on a scramble toward the sideline. Lawrence Timmons tackled him low and Cousins went out of bounds. He returned to the huddle under his own power but then called over trainers to come look at it.
He left the field under his own power with a slight limp. They announced in the press box that Cousins’ return was questionable.
Rex Grossman came in to relieve Cousins, who has gone into the locker room.
Follow Us On Twitter
- OPEN THREAD: Champ Bailey or Devin Hester?
- Antwaan Randle El gives his take on Redskins latest moves (VIDEO)
- RG3 suits up to play basketball
- Redskins top five 2015 free agents
- Redskins needs analysis: Inside linebacker
- Redskins needs analysis: Wide receiver
- Redskins' Doughty wants to re-sign, but expects to hit market
- D. Jackson deal with Colts could help Redskins-Riley talks
- Is a Champ Bailey-Redskins reunion a possibility?
- Another tag for Redskins' Orakpo in 2015?