Aug 19, 2013, 9:09 PM EDT
Kirk Cousins has left the Redskins preseason game against the Steelers with an what is being reported as a mid-foot sprain.
“They feel like it’s mild right now so that’s a good thing,” said Mike Shanahan.
X-rays conducted on the right foot were negative, according to reports. Cousins will have an MRI on the foot on Tuesday.
Cousins, who started the game in place of Robert Griffin III, was injured early in the second quarter on a scramble toward the sideline. Lawrence Timmons tackled him low and Cousins went out of bounds. He returned to the huddle under his own power but then called over trainers to come look at it.
He left the field under his own power with a slight limp. They announced in the press box that Cousins’ return was questionable.
Rex Grossman came in to relieve Cousins, who has gone into the locker room.
Follow Us On Twitter
- CSN's Redskins draft board: Tight end
- Need to Know: The five best Redskins performances of the last 20 seasons
- RG3, DeSean Jackson share a night out on the town (PHOTO)
- OPEN THREAD: RG3 back in old form?
- Chris Baker happy to be back with the Redskins (VIDEO)
- Brian Orakpo previews 2014 defense(VIDEO)
- CSN Mock Draft 9.0: Redskins go offense or defense?
- Who are the winners and losers in the Jackson deal?
- Draft chatter: On the Redskins' radar?
- Redskins' Brian Orakpo still hopeful of a long term extension