Aug 19, 2013, 3:11 PM EDT
Although DeAngelo Hall and Josh Wilson are expected to play tonight against the Steelers, rookie David Amerson should see at lot of action with the starters. And Bacarri Rambo will start at free safety and he’ll probably stay in for most of the first half, if not all.
The rookies, along with the rest of the pass defense, will need to come ready for action. The Steelers are likely to fill the air at FedEx Field with footballs.
According to Scott Brown of ESPN, one of the Steelers priorities tonight will be to get their passing game going. Ben Roethlisberger has said that his trust in second-year offensive coordinator Todd Haley has grown immensely but they have work to do still. Mike Wallace, one of Big Ben’s favorite targets, is gone and Ben’s security blanket, tight end Heath Miller, is on the PUP list. Plaxico Burress was supposed to help out but he suffered season ending injury last week.
So the Steelers will be trying to break in rookie Markus Wheaton and second-year tight end David Paulson while grooming Emmanuel Sanders to keep some defensive attention away from No. 1 receiver Antonio Brown.
It’s not like the Steelers will be all pass—they are going to try to get some carries to rookie running back and possible starter Le’Veon Bell—but Amerson and Rambo will be tested tonight.
Follow Us On Twitter
- How does Gruden's style differ from Shanahan's? (VIDEO)
- Injury report: How are Redskins looking pre-camp? (VIDEO
- Springs or Smoot? Redskins Madden showdown (VIDEO)
- RGIII giving to southeast DC, 'know your why' (VIDEO)
- Wendy's Q&A: Who will be the Redskins' impact rookie?
- Fantasy Football: Top 100 preseason rankings revealed!
- Redskins depth chart analysis: Safeties
- 30 Questions: Will RG3 bounce back from a subpar 2013?
- Former McNamara standouts helping out the community (VIDEO)
- Who steps up along the offensive line for Redskins? (VIDEO)