Aug 19, 2013, 3:11 PM EDT
Although DeAngelo Hall and Josh Wilson are expected to play tonight against the Steelers, rookie David Amerson should see at lot of action with the starters. And Bacarri Rambo will start at free safety and he’ll probably stay in for most of the first half, if not all.
The rookies, along with the rest of the pass defense, will need to come ready for action. The Steelers are likely to fill the air at FedEx Field with footballs.
According to Scott Brown of ESPN, one of the Steelers priorities tonight will be to get their passing game going. Ben Roethlisberger has said that his trust in second-year offensive coordinator Todd Haley has grown immensely but they have work to do still. Mike Wallace, one of Big Ben’s favorite targets, is gone and Ben’s security blanket, tight end Heath Miller, is on the PUP list. Plaxico Burress was supposed to help out but he suffered season ending injury last week.
So the Steelers will be trying to break in rookie Markus Wheaton and second-year tight end David Paulson while grooming Emmanuel Sanders to keep some defensive attention away from No. 1 receiver Antonio Brown.
It’s not like the Steelers will be all pass—they are going to try to get some carries to rookie running back and possible starter Le’Veon Bell—but Amerson and Rambo will be tested tonight.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Griffin no longer the starter but he's still on the Redskins—for now
- Redskins trim roster down to 75 after first round of cuts
- If his big chance is going to last, Cousins must cut down on turnovers
- Mike Shanahan: Kirk Cousins 'is a franchise quarterback'
- Redskins players don't seem surprised by big QB news
- Cousins on how RG3 has handled news of being benched
- Cousins on starting, getting vote of confidence from Gruden
- RG3's Redskin career: How did we get to where we are today?
- Gruden: Kirk Cousins will be starter for 2015 season
- Thirteen players missing from Redskins practice as roster cuts loom