Aug 17, 2013, 4:13 PM EDT
I sure hope Fred Davis enjoyed his touchdown celebration last week.
After catching a three-yard touchdown pass from Kirk Cousins in the first quarter of the Redskins’ preseason game in Tennessee, the Redskins tight odd executed an odd celebration that saw him shaking and, eventually, going to the ground and shaking some more.
“It was dumb,” said Davis.
It also was expensive.
The league didn’t mind the shaking but the going to the ground led to an automatic flag for excessive celebration. And such 15-yard penalties usually draw fines and according to Pro Football Talk this one also drew a fine. PFT confirmed that Davis will be fined $7,875 for his celebration.
Now, Davis will make almost $59,000 per week during the season so the fine won’t put too big a dent in his household budget. Still, he should perhaps save his fine money and really cut loose when he scores in a game that actually counts.
Davis scored his last regular-season TD against Seattle on November 27, 2011.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins searching in bargain bin for WR's
- Sixteen Redskins could hit open market
- High salaries may push Redskins to draft for OL help
- Skins need Aqib Talib (VIDEO)
- OPEN THREAD: Should Redskins make a move for Darrelle Revis?
- Redskins go into free agency with $19.6 million in cap space
- CSN Mock Draft 4.0 - Where does Clowney go?
- Redskins deny report that they didn't carry over cap space
- Report: Riley re-signs with Redskins
- Possible free agents for Skins (VIDEO)