Aug 17, 2013, 4:13 PM EDT
I sure hope Fred Davis enjoyed his touchdown celebration last week.
After catching a three-yard touchdown pass from Kirk Cousins in the first quarter of the Redskins’ preseason game in Tennessee, the Redskins tight odd executed an odd celebration that saw him shaking and, eventually, going to the ground and shaking some more.
“It was dumb,” said Davis.
It also was expensive.
The league didn’t mind the shaking but the going to the ground led to an automatic flag for excessive celebration. And such 15-yard penalties usually draw fines and according to Pro Football Talk this one also drew a fine. PFT confirmed that Davis will be fined $7,875 for his celebration.
Now, Davis will make almost $59,000 per week during the season so the fine won’t put too big a dent in his household budget. Still, he should perhaps save his fine money and really cut loose when he scores in a game that actually counts.
Davis scored his last regular-season TD against Seattle on November 27, 2011.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Nick Foles on DeSean Jackson: 'He was a great teammate to me'
- Who will replace Fletcher in the middle for the Redskins?
- Draft dominates week's top five Redskins posts
- Riggo on the Range: Southern fried bass (VIDEO)
- Redskins' LB Brian Orakpo encouraged by scheme tweaks
- Top 5: Skins already looking ahead to 2015 free agents?
- CSN's Redskins draft board: Tight end
- Need to Know: The five best Redskins performances of the last 20 seasons
- RG3, DeSean Jackson share a night out on the town (PHOTO)
- OPEN THREAD: RG3 back in old form?