Aug 17, 2013, 4:13 PM EDT
I sure hope Fred Davis enjoyed his touchdown celebration last week.
After catching a three-yard touchdown pass from Kirk Cousins in the first quarter of the Redskins’ preseason game in Tennessee, the Redskins tight odd executed an odd celebration that saw him shaking and, eventually, going to the ground and shaking some more.
“It was dumb,” said Davis.
It also was expensive.
The league didn’t mind the shaking but the going to the ground led to an automatic flag for excessive celebration. And such 15-yard penalties usually draw fines and according to Pro Football Talk this one also drew a fine. PFT confirmed that Davis will be fined $7,875 for his celebration.
Now, Davis will make almost $59,000 per week during the season so the fine won’t put too big a dent in his household budget. Still, he should perhaps save his fine money and really cut loose when he scores in a game that actually counts.
Davis scored his last regular-season TD against Seattle on November 27, 2011.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins vs Giants Preview: 5 things you need to know as 'Skins get desperate
- Tandler's Redskins-centric look around the NFL, Week 3
- Redskins Gruden on rookie Kendall Fuller: He's just the odd man out, for now
- Need to Know: Five Redskins who are under pressure against the Giants
- How Dr. Robin West handles when Redskins and Nationals players get hurt
- Redskins injury report: DeSean Jackson, Trent Williams good to go for Giants game
- Redskins' Preston Smith hasn't had start he wanted, but knows 'anything can happen'
- Redskins Playbook: Still lots of questions on defensive line
- Redskins vs. Giants Week 3 Preview, predictions, storylines, betting odds
- Need to Know: Around Redskins Park—Will things start to click for Cousins?