Aug 12, 2013, 5:05 AM EDT
RICHMOND—Here is what you need to know on this Monday, August 12, seven days before the Redskins host the Steelers at FedEx Field
Getting into regular season mode
The Redskins don’t break camp until Friday but they are getting out of training camp mode this week.
The last remnant of the camp schedule will come today, when the Redskins do a 10 a.m. walkthrough followed by a 3:20 full practice. That is what they have done most days since arriving in Richmond on July 25.
On Tuesday, the shift into more of a regular season schedule. Through Thursday they will have single practices at 12:40. Friday is a 9:45 practice before they hit the road back to Ashburn.
“Tuesday-Wednesday-Thursday will be just like a normal Wednesday-Thursday-Friday during the season,” said Shanahan on Saturday after the scheduled single practice was cancelled by a brief but intense thunderstorm. “And then that Friday will be like an extra day for us, on Friday, for game plan week. So it’ll be good, we’ve got plenty of time to practice and get done what we need to get done.”
The practices this week will be the last that fans and media can observe. When they resume practice a week from Wednesday after the Steelers game they will go behind the curtain at Redskins Park with the fans kept out and the media allowed to watch only the warmup portion.
The season opener against the Eagles, by the way, is four weeks from today.
Today’s schedule (all practices open to the public at the Bon Secours Washington Redskins Training Center)
10:00—Walkthrough practice, players available to media coming off the field
After walkthrough (approx. 11:30)—Robert Griffin III news conference
3:20—Full practice, players available to media coming off the field
5:30 (approx.)—Mike Shanahan news conference
“Focus on the quality of the rehab”
In case you missed it
- 11 on 11 for RG3 this week?
- Cofield says Rak makes the whole defense better
- Shanahan praises Cousins’ progress
- TW3: Redskins will deal Cousins—someday
Days until: Steelers @ Redskins 7; Preseason game 3 vs. Bills 12; Redskins vs. Eagles 28
Tandler on Twitter
The 3rd QB on the 2013 #Redskins is not a developmental spot. They are still developing the 1-2 QB’s. No. 3 is an experienced vet.
— Rich Tandler (@Rich_TandlerCSN) August 10, 2013
Follow Us On Twitter
- Top 5: Skins already looking ahead to 2015 free agents?
- CSN's Redskins draft board: Tight end
- Need to Know: The five best Redskins performances of the last 20 seasons
- RG3, DeSean Jackson share a night out on the town (PHOTO)
- OPEN THREAD: RG3 back in old form?
- Chris Baker happy to be back with the Redskins (VIDEO)
- Brian Orakpo previews 2014 defense(VIDEO)
- CSN Mock Draft 9.0: Redskins go offense or defense?
- How much will Hatcher help the Redskins' pass rush?
- Who are the winners and losers in the Jackson deal?