Aug 8, 2013, 9:41 PM EDT
After looking awful in his first few drives, third-string QB Rex Grossman led a nice touchdown drive at the end of the first half of the Redskins’ preseason game in Tennessee.
The drive covered 84 yards in 12 plays with Grossman going 5-6 for 67 yards. Roy Helu Jr. got untracked running the ball with four carries for 28 yards. The Redskins faced just one third down on the drive and Grossman converted it with a 13-yard pass to Josh Morgan.
The touchdown went to Leonard Hankerson. From the Titans eight, Grossman threw to Hankerson in the middle of the field and with the help of some linemen blocking down field he vaulted into the end zone.
For the game, Grossman is 7 of 13 for 83 yards and the touchdown. Helu has 13 carries for 57 yards and Hankerson has four receptions for 38 yards.
The Redskins and Titans are tied 14-14 at halftime.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Gruden believes that Griffin is ready to play
- Breeland injures knee in practice, questionable for Sunday
- RG3 spent time during rehab studying the elite QBs
- RG3 doesn't think he'll be too nervous in return
- RG3 discusses the 'rust' factor
- Gruden speaks on RG3's week of practice
- RG3 says he will lean on his teammates in return
- Don't look for Redskins to repeat 'over the top' defense
- Second Hall injury leaves future with Skins in question
- OPEN THREAD: Run game key for RG3 to succeed