Aug 8, 2013, 9:41 PM EDT
After looking awful in his first few drives, third-string QB Rex Grossman led a nice touchdown drive at the end of the first half of the Redskins’ preseason game in Tennessee.
The drive covered 84 yards in 12 plays with Grossman going 5-6 for 67 yards. Roy Helu Jr. got untracked running the ball with four carries for 28 yards. The Redskins faced just one third down on the drive and Grossman converted it with a 13-yard pass to Josh Morgan.
The touchdown went to Leonard Hankerson. From the Titans eight, Grossman threw to Hankerson in the middle of the field and with the help of some linemen blocking down field he vaulted into the end zone.
For the game, Grossman is 7 of 13 for 83 yards and the touchdown. Helu has 13 carries for 57 yards and Hankerson has four receptions for 38 yards.
The Redskins and Titans are tied 14-14 at halftime.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins' Hatcher: Knee is 'progressing pretty quickly'
- Redskins training camp practice report, Day 1: A soggy start
- RG3: 'Good thing to have two coaches that believe in you'
- RG3: 'You can never get tired of doing things the right way'
- Andre Roberts opens camp as punt and kickoff returner
- DeAngelo Hall compares himself to NFL's best cornerbacks (VIDEO)
- DeAngelo Hall on Redskins: 'We all got a chip on our shoulders'
- Ray Rice suspended for two games
- OPEN THREAD: What's the right media strategy for RG3?
- Redskins' Gruden says mental game critical to Griffin's success