Aug 8, 2013, 9:41 PM EST
After looking awful in his first few drives, third-string QB Rex Grossman led a nice touchdown drive at the end of the first half of the Redskins’ preseason game in Tennessee.
The drive covered 84 yards in 12 plays with Grossman going 5-6 for 67 yards. Roy Helu Jr. got untracked running the ball with four carries for 28 yards. The Redskins faced just one third down on the drive and Grossman converted it with a 13-yard pass to Josh Morgan.
The touchdown went to Leonard Hankerson. From the Titans eight, Grossman threw to Hankerson in the middle of the field and with the help of some linemen blocking down field he vaulted into the end zone.
For the game, Grossman is 7 of 13 for 83 yards and the touchdown. Helu has 13 carries for 57 yards and Hankerson has four receptions for 38 yards.
The Redskins and Titans are tied 14-14 at halftime.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Report: Former Redskins WR injured after accidentally shooting self
- After an improbable rise, can Quinton Dunbar keep improving?
- Why haven't the Redskins released RG3?
- Ranking the top 20 most talented NFL players under the age of 25
- 2015 Redskins led NFL in fumble recoveries but didn’t take advantage
- Kirk Cousins, Antonio Brown team up to break world record held by OBJ
- How should the Redskins fix their scuffling run game?
- UFC legend Chuck Liddell joins Redskins Nation
- London Fletcher: Sean Taylor 'was just scratching the surface'
- Rookie review: How does Kyshoen Jarrett fit into the Redskins' plans?