Aug 8, 2013, 9:41 PM EST
After looking awful in his first few drives, third-string QB Rex Grossman led a nice touchdown drive at the end of the first half of the Redskins’ preseason game in Tennessee.
The drive covered 84 yards in 12 plays with Grossman going 5-6 for 67 yards. Roy Helu Jr. got untracked running the ball with four carries for 28 yards. The Redskins faced just one third down on the drive and Grossman converted it with a 13-yard pass to Josh Morgan.
The touchdown went to Leonard Hankerson. From the Titans eight, Grossman threw to Hankerson in the middle of the field and with the help of some linemen blocking down field he vaulted into the end zone.
For the game, Grossman is 7 of 13 for 83 yards and the touchdown. Helu has 13 carries for 57 yards and Hankerson has four receptions for 38 yards.
The Redskins and Titans are tied 14-14 at halftime.
Follow Us On Twitter
- How can the Redskins build a Super Bowl quality O-line?
- As Deflategate rolls on, allegations against more NFL coaches emerge
- OPEN THREAD: Is Joe Barry an upgrade over Jim Haslett?
- Joe Barry draws strength from Detroit disaster
- Son of Redskins legend hired as coach
- Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III discusses Deflategate
- Position coach hires add gravitas to Redskins' staff
- Help on the way for RG3: Redskins add QB coach
- Redskins would have created a position for Packers exec
- Big O-linemen may be in short supply in NFL draft