Aug 8, 2013, 9:41 PM EDT
After looking awful in his first few drives, third-string QB Rex Grossman led a nice touchdown drive at the end of the first half of the Redskins’ preseason game in Tennessee.
The drive covered 84 yards in 12 plays with Grossman going 5-6 for 67 yards. Roy Helu Jr. got untracked running the ball with four carries for 28 yards. The Redskins faced just one third down on the drive and Grossman converted it with a 13-yard pass to Josh Morgan.
The touchdown went to Leonard Hankerson. From the Titans eight, Grossman threw to Hankerson in the middle of the field and with the help of some linemen blocking down field he vaulted into the end zone.
For the game, Grossman is 7 of 13 for 83 yards and the touchdown. Helu has 13 carries for 57 yards and Hankerson has four receptions for 38 yards.
The Redskins and Titans are tied 14-14 at halftime.
Follow Us On Twitter
- After 2016 NFL Draft, Redskins Super Bowl odds shift for next season
- 3 things to know about Redskins third round pick Kendall Fuller
- McCloughan: 'Genetic freak' Vernon Davis ready to go
- Josh Norman has a simple mantra on the field: 'Seek and destroy'
- Redskins announce jersey numbers for draftees, free agents
- 3 things to know about Redskins second round pick Su'a Cravens
- McCloughan says he prefers low-mileage running backs
- McCloughan may use extra 2017 picks to deal for players this year
- McCloughan reveals where the Redskins will line up Cravens in base defense
- Redskins release eight players on first Monday following draft