Aug 8, 2013, 9:02 PM EDT
The Redskins’ defense forced a three and out on the Titans’ first possession but they raised concerns about their rushing defense on their next two drives. On the Titans’ first play after a Washington TD, Chris Johnson rolled 58 yards for a touchdown. There were issues on all three levels of the defense as nose tackle Chris Neild got pushed back, linebacker Brian Orakpo took a bad angle, and safety Bacarri Rambo got faked out of his shoes after Johnson broke into the secondary.
The Redskins went three and out behind Rex Grossman and the Titans started to march again. Shon Green found a huge hole on the right side of the defense and rumbled 19 yards. He went untouched until Rambo gave him a shove in frustration after he had crossed the goal line, drawing a 15-yard flag.
The Titans lead the Redskins 14-7 early in the second quarter.
Follow Us On Twitter
- DeAngelo Hall 'trying to be like Mamba' coming off Achilles tear
- Redskins' Gruden sees RG3 in a 'steady climb'
- Redskins get good news on David Amerson's injury
- Redskins’ McCloughan: Opponents 'are going to be sore'
- Hall sets record straight on pizza-centric torn Achilles story
- Eagles lose linebacker to torn ACL for second straight year
- Gruden on Griffin: 'I feel like he's on a steady climb'
- Trent Williams contract talks still ongoing
- Redskins CB David Amerson suffers possible shoulder injury
- Diehard Redskins fan converts lawn into insane Redskins shrine