Aug 8, 2013, 9:02 PM EDT
The Redskins’ defense forced a three and out on the Titans’ first possession but they raised concerns about their rushing defense on their next two drives. On the Titans’ first play after a Washington TD, Chris Johnson rolled 58 yards for a touchdown. There were issues on all three levels of the defense as nose tackle Chris Neild got pushed back, linebacker Brian Orakpo took a bad angle, and safety Bacarri Rambo got faked out of his shoes after Johnson broke into the secondary.
The Redskins went three and out behind Rex Grossman and the Titans started to march again. Shon Green found a huge hole on the right side of the defense and rumbled 19 yards. He went untouched until Rambo gave him a shove in frustration after he had crossed the goal line, drawing a 15-yard flag.
The Titans lead the Redskins 14-7 early in the second quarter.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Jay Gruden joins STL to look ahead to Cowboys
- Gruden says run game needs to improve, including Morris
- Orakpo injury becomes another big blow to Skins defense
- Gruden not ruling out RG3 this week
- Redskins' Gruden: Murphy must 'grow up very fast'
- Gruden on RG3's return: Robert has to be honest
- Gruden: McCoy will start for Redskins vs. Dallas if RG3 not ready
- For Redskins to match Peyton Manning numbers, go back to 1989
- Brian Orakpo apologizes to Redskins fans
- Fantasy Fix: Waiver wire not running on empty with Tre Mason