Aug 8, 2013, 9:02 PM EDT
The Redskins’ defense forced a three and out on the Titans’ first possession but they raised concerns about their rushing defense on their next two drives. On the Titans’ first play after a Washington TD, Chris Johnson rolled 58 yards for a touchdown. There were issues on all three levels of the defense as nose tackle Chris Neild got pushed back, linebacker Brian Orakpo took a bad angle, and safety Bacarri Rambo got faked out of his shoes after Johnson broke into the secondary.
The Redskins went three and out behind Rex Grossman and the Titans started to march again. Shon Green found a huge hole on the right side of the defense and rumbled 19 yards. He went untouched until Rambo gave him a shove in frustration after he had crossed the goal line, drawing a 15-yard flag.
The Titans lead the Redskins 14-7 early in the second quarter.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins announce list of 26 players who did not travel for Buccaneers game
- Redskins vs. Buccaneers Live Updates: Week 4 score, stats, highlights
- Tropical storm pouring down rain in Tampa as game time approaches for Redskins (VIDEO)
- Redskins dress in matching Tommy Bahama shirts at Welcome Home Luncheon
- Need to Know: Some Redskins focus on Bucs, others on Steelers
- Redskins vs Buccaneers: 5 things to watch in game with major weather concerns
- Forced to make decision on rookie, Redskins move Keith Marshall to injured reserve
- After Tony Romo injury, a new odds favorite emerges in NFC East
- Redskins' Trent Williams on Stephen Paea and Perry Riley release: 'It's tough, man'
- Redskins release Perry Riley, Stephen Paea in roster trim-down