Aug 8, 2013, 9:02 PM EDT
The Redskins’ defense forced a three and out on the Titans’ first possession but they raised concerns about their rushing defense on their next two drives. On the Titans’ first play after a Washington TD, Chris Johnson rolled 58 yards for a touchdown. There were issues on all three levels of the defense as nose tackle Chris Neild got pushed back, linebacker Brian Orakpo took a bad angle, and safety Bacarri Rambo got faked out of his shoes after Johnson broke into the secondary.
The Redskins went three and out behind Rex Grossman and the Titans started to march again. Shon Green found a huge hole on the right side of the defense and rumbled 19 yards. He went untouched until Rambo gave him a shove in frustration after he had crossed the goal line, drawing a 15-yard flag.
The Titans lead the Redskins 14-7 early in the second quarter.
Follow Us On Twitter
- High school senior takes Redskins cheerleader to prom
- Looking at the Redskins' roster locks going into OTAs
- Redskins' rushing defense has issues beyond explosive plays
- Need to Know: Which Redskins will surprise in 2016?
- Vernon Davis getting ready for OTAs with Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson
- OTAs to-do list: How many starting jobs are available on the O-line?
- OTAs to-do list: What's Josh Norman's biggest challenge in the coming weeks?
- Need to Know: Which classic Redskins games do you want to see again?
- OTAs to-do list: Will young ILBs Spaight and Daniels snag a spot?
- OTAs to-do list: How quickly can Doctson get up to speed?