Aug 8, 2013, 9:02 PM EST
The Redskins’ defense forced a three and out on the Titans’ first possession but they raised concerns about their rushing defense on their next two drives. On the Titans’ first play after a Washington TD, Chris Johnson rolled 58 yards for a touchdown. There were issues on all three levels of the defense as nose tackle Chris Neild got pushed back, linebacker Brian Orakpo took a bad angle, and safety Bacarri Rambo got faked out of his shoes after Johnson broke into the secondary.
The Redskins went three and out behind Rex Grossman and the Titans started to march again. Shon Green found a huge hole on the right side of the defense and rumbled 19 yards. He went untouched until Rambo gave him a shove in frustration after he had crossed the goal line, drawing a 15-yard flag.
The Titans lead the Redskins 14-7 early in the second quarter.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins OL Stanfel gets Hall of Fame nod
- Why have the Redskins not been to the Super Bowl in 24 years?
- Joe Jacoby falls short in Hall of Fame vote
- Joe Jacoby's grandson set to follow grandfather's footsteps
- Can the Broncos’ exploit Cam’s weakness?
- A Super Bowl MVP with the D-O-Double G
- Which Redskins defender will make the biggest leap in 2016?
- With Davis and Allen back, Carolina's 'D' will be at full strength Sunday
- Kirk Cousins fills in the blank on The Players' Tribune
- Antonio Brown catches impressive behind-the-back pass from Cousins