Aug 8, 2013, 9:02 PM EDT
The Redskins’ defense forced a three and out on the Titans’ first possession but they raised concerns about their rushing defense on their next two drives. On the Titans’ first play after a Washington TD, Chris Johnson rolled 58 yards for a touchdown. There were issues on all three levels of the defense as nose tackle Chris Neild got pushed back, linebacker Brian Orakpo took a bad angle, and safety Bacarri Rambo got faked out of his shoes after Johnson broke into the secondary.
The Redskins went three and out behind Rex Grossman and the Titans started to march again. Shon Green found a huge hole on the right side of the defense and rumbled 19 yards. He went untouched until Rambo gave him a shove in frustration after he had crossed the goal line, drawing a 15-yard flag.
The Titans lead the Redskins 14-7 early in the second quarter.
Follow Us On Twitter
- OPEN THREAD: Why give Redskins players playing limits?
- Brian Hoyer beats out Johnny Manziel as Browns starter
- Bowen renegotiation saves Redskins some cap room now, perhaps more later
- Gruden: Redskins starters to play at least a half vs. Ravens
- Gruden: 'Wasn't going to call a pass in a million years'
- DeSean Jackson: I love to 'make short passes into long gains'
- RG3 reveals his favorite play against the Browns
- 5 Redskins who helped themselves vs. the Browns
- What to watch: O-line a strength for the Redskins?
- Wendy's Q&A: Will RG3 ever learn how to slide?