Aug 8, 2013, 8:45 PM EDT
The Redskins didn’t get much going on their first possession of their preseason opener but they got things rolling on their second.
Kirk Cousins went four for four passing, including a touchdown toss to Fred Davis to cap the seven-play, 54-yard drive. They also were aided by a 15-yard personal foul on Bernard Pollard and 14 rushing yards by Roy Helu Jr.
The TD was a thing of beauty as the Redskins ran play action to the left and Cousins found Davis all alone in the back of the end zone and hit him for three yards and the touchdown.
Tennessee responded immediately, getting a 58-yard touchdown run by Chris Johnson on their first play from scrimmage after the touchdown.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Top 5: Skins already looking ahead to 2015 free agents?
- CSN's Redskins draft board: Tight end
- Need to Know: The five best Redskins performances of the last 20 seasons
- RG3, DeSean Jackson share a night out on the town (PHOTO)
- OPEN THREAD: RG3 back in old form?
- Chris Baker happy to be back with the Redskins (VIDEO)
- Brian Orakpo previews 2014 defense(VIDEO)
- CSN Mock Draft 9.0: Redskins go offense or defense?
- How much will Hatcher help the Redskins' pass rush?
- Who are the winners and losers in the Jackson deal?