Aug 8, 2013, 8:45 PM EDT
The Redskins didn’t get much going on their first possession of their preseason opener but they got things rolling on their second.
Kirk Cousins went four for four passing, including a touchdown toss to Fred Davis to cap the seven-play, 54-yard drive. They also were aided by a 15-yard personal foul on Bernard Pollard and 14 rushing yards by Roy Helu Jr.
The TD was a thing of beauty as the Redskins ran play action to the left and Cousins found Davis all alone in the back of the end zone and hit him for three yards and the touchdown.
Tennessee responded immediately, getting a 58-yard touchdown run by Chris Johnson on their first play from scrimmage after the touchdown.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Texans make Watt highest-paid defender ahead of Redskins game
- Fantasy Fix: The final (top 150 players) countown
- RG3 on Baylor statue: 'It still hasn't hit me' (VIDEO)
- With roster finalized, Skins anxious to start season (VIDEO)
- EXCLUSIVE: Dan Snyder sits down with CSN's Chick Hernandez
- Redskins Park notes and quotes--Amerson ready for the challenge
- Kai Forbath says kicker competition made him better
- Gruden addresses Redskins' running back decisions
- Redskins mostly healthy going into opener
- New Redskins' safety Ihenacho eager to contribute vs Houston