Aug 8, 2013, 8:45 PM EST
The Redskins didn’t get much going on their first possession of their preseason opener but they got things rolling on their second.
Kirk Cousins went four for four passing, including a touchdown toss to Fred Davis to cap the seven-play, 54-yard drive. They also were aided by a 15-yard personal foul on Bernard Pollard and 14 rushing yards by Roy Helu Jr.
The TD was a thing of beauty as the Redskins ran play action to the left and Cousins found Davis all alone in the back of the end zone and hit him for three yards and the touchdown.
Tennessee responded immediately, getting a 58-yard touchdown run by Chris Johnson on their first play from scrimmage after the touchdown.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Kyle says he had 'zero involvement' in Redskins QB decision
- Report: Redskins coaches believe they're getting fired
- Shanahan responds to John Madden's criticism (VIDEO)
- Kyle Shanahan has no regrets about coaching with father
- Kyle Shanahan hopes Cousins increases trade value
- Redskins drama? No surprise for Spurrier
- Redskins' Jordan Reed doesn't practice again
- Kyle Shanahan wants RG3 playing vs Atlanta
- Falcons ready to face Kirk Cousins
- Shanahan still won't deny ESPN report