Aug 8, 2013, 8:45 PM EDT
The Redskins didn’t get much going on their first possession of their preseason opener but they got things rolling on their second.
Kirk Cousins went four for four passing, including a touchdown toss to Fred Davis to cap the seven-play, 54-yard drive. They also were aided by a 15-yard personal foul on Bernard Pollard and 14 rushing yards by Roy Helu Jr.
The TD was a thing of beauty as the Redskins ran play action to the left and Cousins found Davis all alone in the back of the end zone and hit him for three yards and the touchdown.
Tennessee responded immediately, getting a 58-yard touchdown run by Chris Johnson on their first play from scrimmage after the touchdown.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Jay Gruden on possibility Skins draft Mariota
- Tarik El-Bashir previews the Redskins' meeting with QB Marcus Mariota
- Redskins plan to host QB prospect Marcus Mariota
- Gruden's goal: Get Garçon more touches in '15
- Redskins' Gruden more confident in his approach in 2015
- How will roster continue to change under McCloughan?
- Jay Gruden has high hopes for Trent Murphy
- Redskins' McCloughan promises competition for jobs but will it happen?
- OPEN THREAD: Time to change Dan Snyder's big-spending reputation?
- Gruden discusses Santana Moss' future with the Redskins