Aug 8, 2013, 8:45 PM EDT
The Redskins didn’t get much going on their first possession of their preseason opener but they got things rolling on their second.
Kirk Cousins went four for four passing, including a touchdown toss to Fred Davis to cap the seven-play, 54-yard drive. They also were aided by a 15-yard personal foul on Bernard Pollard and 14 rushing yards by Roy Helu Jr.
The TD was a thing of beauty as the Redskins ran play action to the left and Cousins found Davis all alone in the back of the end zone and hit him for three yards and the touchdown.
Tennessee responded immediately, getting a 58-yard touchdown run by Chris Johnson on their first play from scrimmage after the touchdown.
Follow Us On Twitter
- LIVE Redskins practice report--Day 3
- Redskins name Bobby Beathard to Ring of Fame
- Doctson reacts to hearing his injury was reason Scot McCloughan punched a wall
- DeAngelo Hall working through transition to safety, will 'pick it up quickly'
- Play of the day: Cravens showing why the Redskins drafted him
- Need to Know: Redskins will put on the pads today
- When it comes to Madden corners, there's Josh Norman, then everyone else
- Redskins activate Perry Riley from PUP list, LB set for practice
- Josh Norman using his physicality to help cure Matt Jones of 'fumble-itis'
- Live Redskins practice report--Day 2