Aug 8, 2013, 8:45 PM EST
The Redskins didn’t get much going on their first possession of their preseason opener but they got things rolling on their second.
Kirk Cousins went four for four passing, including a touchdown toss to Fred Davis to cap the seven-play, 54-yard drive. They also were aided by a 15-yard personal foul on Bernard Pollard and 14 rushing yards by Roy Helu Jr.
The TD was a thing of beauty as the Redskins ran play action to the left and Cousins found Davis all alone in the back of the end zone and hit him for three yards and the touchdown.
Tennessee responded immediately, getting a 58-yard touchdown run by Chris Johnson on their first play from scrimmage after the touchdown.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins-49ers observations including Morris finally passing 100
- Redskins fail to capitalize on turnovers
- Redskins show more fight but get same result in SanFran
- Is RG3 or the offensive line to blame for struggles?
- Injuries stretch Redskins' secondary thin
- What was behind Morris' 125-yard day vs. 49ers?
- Griffin says Redskins won't quit
- Injury Report: Redskins captain lost for season?
- Room for improvement, Morris moving offense
- Gruden proud of Redskins defense