Aug 8, 2013, 8:45 PM EDT
The Redskins didn’t get much going on their first possession of their preseason opener but they got things rolling on their second.
Kirk Cousins went four for four passing, including a touchdown toss to Fred Davis to cap the seven-play, 54-yard drive. They also were aided by a 15-yard personal foul on Bernard Pollard and 14 rushing yards by Roy Helu Jr.
The TD was a thing of beauty as the Redskins ran play action to the left and Cousins found Davis all alone in the back of the end zone and hit him for three yards and the touchdown.
Tennessee responded immediately, getting a 58-yard touchdown run by Chris Johnson on their first play from scrimmage after the touchdown.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Where are we? The state of the Redskins, Week 9
- OPEN THREAD: More read option for Redskins?
- Redskins' Gruden maintains confidence in Alfred Morris
- RG3 impresses Redskins in first full practice
- WR DeSean Jackson gives back to the community
- All 53 Redskins practice on Wednesday
- Report: RG3 set to return for Vikings game
- Griffin full go in practice but return timetable still uncertain
- Jackson providing good returns on Redskins' investment
- Redskins Kai Forbath honored for heroics vs Cowboys