Sep 5, 2009, 2:01 PM EST
It appears that we have our answer to the Colt vs. Chase competition.
None of the above.
Daniel just confirmed via Twitter that he has been placed on waivers. According to that message, the team told him that they would like him to be on the practice squad if he clears waivers.
ESPN and Jason Reid of the Post both reported earlier that Daniel had been cut but that he is not expected to be offered a practice squad spot.
There is a press conference schedule for 6:00 today and perhaps some light will be shed on the subject then.
Brennan has been placed on injured reserve with a torn hamstring and a hip that will need surgery. He will not be eligible to be on the active roster this year.
There is speculation that the Redskins will be in the market for a #3 quarterback. I would speculate, not so fast. If they sign a third-string QB this week they will essentially be guaranteeing his salary for the entire season. That is the rule if a veteran player is on the 53-man roster for the first game.
It’s probably better to go into the Giants game with just Jason Campbell and Todd Collins on the roster. Should a disaster occur, Antwaan Randle El could serve as the emergency quarterback. Then, after that game, they could sign someone off the street and not be on the hook for a quarterback’s salary—which usually is higher than the minimum even for third-string veterans—should a better option come along.
Follow Us On Twitter
- How likely is an Eagles-Redskins trade on draft day?
- Redskins bring in offensive quality control coach
- Redskins sign former Colts defensive lineman
- New Redskins assistant Perry Fewell prefers DBs with specific build
- Will Redskins' Hall move to safety?
- If Bucs release OT Collins, are the Redskins a fit?
- A major trade coming between Redskins and Eagles?
- Redskins stay or go: Safety Brandon Meriweather
- The Redskins aren't spending enough on player salaries--wait, what?
- Tandler looks at the best free agent RBs available for Redskins