Sep 5, 2009, 2:01 PM EDT
It appears that we have our answer to the Colt vs. Chase competition.
None of the above.
Daniel just confirmed via Twitter that he has been placed on waivers. According to that message, the team told him that they would like him to be on the practice squad if he clears waivers.
ESPN and Jason Reid of the Post both reported earlier that Daniel had been cut but that he is not expected to be offered a practice squad spot.
There is a press conference schedule for 6:00 today and perhaps some light will be shed on the subject then.
Brennan has been placed on injured reserve with a torn hamstring and a hip that will need surgery. He will not be eligible to be on the active roster this year.
There is speculation that the Redskins will be in the market for a #3 quarterback. I would speculate, not so fast. If they sign a third-string QB this week they will essentially be guaranteeing his salary for the entire season. That is the rule if a veteran player is on the 53-man roster for the first game.
It’s probably better to go into the Giants game with just Jason Campbell and Todd Collins on the roster. Should a disaster occur, Antwaan Randle El could serve as the emergency quarterback. Then, after that game, they could sign someone off the street and not be on the hook for a quarterback’s salary—which usually is higher than the minimum even for third-string veterans—should a better option come along.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Tropical storm pouring down rain in Tampa as game time approaches for Redskins (VIDEO)
- Redskins dress in matching Tommy Bahama shirts at Welcome Home Luncheon
- Need to Know: Some Redskins focus on Bucs, others on Steelers
- Redskins vs Buccaneers: 5 things to watch in game with major weather concerns
- Forced to make decision on rookie, Redskins move Keith Marshall to injured reserve
- After Tony Romo injury, a new odds favorite emerges in NFC East
- Redskins' Trent Williams on Stephen Paea and Perry Riley release: 'It's tough, man'
- Redskins release Perry Riley, Stephen Paea in roster trim-down
- Redskins Playbook: QB Sudfeld now on a compressed learning schedule
- NFL had no choice but to move Redskins vs. Bucs