Aug 30, 2009, 11:14 AM EST
If you didn’t stick around for the post game show on Comcast you missed some good TV.
The following exchange took place between Greg Blache and former Redskin Trevor Matich. The former was just outside of the Redskins locker room doing his regular, paid (this fact is important to the story) interview with Comcast’s Kelly Johnson. Matich was in the CSN studio.
If you noticed, Blache winked to Johnson before the laid into Matich. Blache was doing this for laughs.
It wasn’t just for laughs, however. Blache wanted to set the tone for the season, to let Matich and the other CSN questioners know that a tough question to him might be followed up with a tough question from him.
When you think about it, though, it’s kind of odd for Blache to be playing such games with CSN. After all, they are paying him for his time. I don’t know if it’s a couple of hundred dollars per game or a couple of thousand. But if the guys in the studio feel limited to asking “So, coach, how great was that game?” Blache won’t be cashing many more checks from Comcast.
Follow Us On Twitter
- John Riggins joins STL on the 32nd anniversary of Super Bowl XVII
- Former Eagles coach shares memories of competing with Joe Gibbs
- Catch John Riggins on SportsTalk Live tonight at 10 p.m.!
- Will Morris sign a second contract with the Redskins?
- Will the Redskins hold on to NT Cofield?
- 2015 Redskins position outlook: Defensive line
- Redskins 2015 salary cap outlook: Defensive line
- Wings, pizza, queso: What's the best Super Bowl snack?
- Looking at Redskins GM Scot McCloughan's first-round picks with 49ers
- How can the Redskins build a Super Bowl quality O-line?