Aug 30, 2009, 11:14 AM EDT
If you didn’t stick around for the post game show on Comcast you missed some good TV.
The following exchange took place between Greg Blache and former Redskin Trevor Matich. The former was just outside of the Redskins locker room doing his regular, paid (this fact is important to the story) interview with Comcast’s Kelly Johnson. Matich was in the CSN studio.
If you noticed, Blache winked to Johnson before the laid into Matich. Blache was doing this for laughs.
It wasn’t just for laughs, however. Blache wanted to set the tone for the season, to let Matich and the other CSN questioners know that a tough question to him might be followed up with a tough question from him.
When you think about it, though, it’s kind of odd for Blache to be playing such games with CSN. After all, they are paying him for his time. I don’t know if it’s a couple of hundred dollars per game or a couple of thousand. But if the guys in the studio feel limited to asking “So, coach, how great was that game?” Blache won’t be cashing many more checks from Comcast.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins' Kirk Cousins consults current and former NFL starters for advice
- Need to Know: Redskins couldn't take advantage of fumble recoveries
- Kirk Cousins is excited about Jamison Crowder's growth, Josh Doctson's potential
- Quality of Redskins' receiving corps may hinge on Doctson's learning curve
- Redskins teammates give Jordan Reed a hard time for new big-money contract
- Redskins' David Bruton excited to get 'first crack' at starting safety job
- Months later, Redskins ILB Perry Riley still battling foot injury
- Need to Know: Cousins talks of Redskins' need for 'sustained success'
- Before signing Josh Norman, Redskins had sights set on Brandon Browner
- Josh Norman sees the fiery side of Kirk Cousins at Redskins OTAs: 'I was like, calm down'