Aug 30, 2009, 11:14 AM EDT
If you didn’t stick around for the post game show on Comcast you missed some good TV.
The following exchange took place between Greg Blache and former Redskin Trevor Matich. The former was just outside of the Redskins locker room doing his regular, paid (this fact is important to the story) interview with Comcast’s Kelly Johnson. Matich was in the CSN studio.
If you noticed, Blache winked to Johnson before the laid into Matich. Blache was doing this for laughs.
It wasn’t just for laughs, however. Blache wanted to set the tone for the season, to let Matich and the other CSN questioners know that a tough question to him might be followed up with a tough question from him.
When you think about it, though, it’s kind of odd for Blache to be playing such games with CSN. After all, they are paying him for his time. I don’t know if it’s a couple of hundred dollars per game or a couple of thousand. But if the guys in the studio feel limited to asking “So, coach, how great was that game?” Blache won’t be cashing many more checks from Comcast.
Follow Us On Twitter
- LIVE NOW: Roger Goodell speaks on NFL matters
- Redskins get bad news on Jordan Reed's status for Sunday
- With Forbath questionable, Redskins will have kicker insurance
- DeSean Jackson is listed a questionable for Sunday
- Redskins' Gruden "will not hesitate one bit" to turn to Ryan Grant if needed
- Goodell to hold press conference at 3 p.m. on NFL's recent issues
- ICYMI: Stuff that happened besides baseball
- Pros, cons, and X factors--Redskins at Eagles game prediction
- OPEN THREAD: Will Ryan Grant produce vs Eagles?
- Week 3 Power Rankings: Does Buffalo belong in the top 10?