Aug 30, 2009, 11:14 AM EST
If you didn’t stick around for the post game show on Comcast you missed some good TV.
The following exchange took place between Greg Blache and former Redskin Trevor Matich. The former was just outside of the Redskins locker room doing his regular, paid (this fact is important to the story) interview with Comcast’s Kelly Johnson. Matich was in the CSN studio.
If you noticed, Blache winked to Johnson before the laid into Matich. Blache was doing this for laughs.
It wasn’t just for laughs, however. Blache wanted to set the tone for the season, to let Matich and the other CSN questioners know that a tough question to him might be followed up with a tough question from him.
When you think about it, though, it’s kind of odd for Blache to be playing such games with CSN. After all, they are paying him for his time. I don’t know if it’s a couple of hundred dollars per game or a couple of thousand. But if the guys in the studio feel limited to asking “So, coach, how great was that game?” Blache won’t be cashing many more checks from Comcast.
Follow Us On Twitter
- UFC legend Chuck Liddell joins Redskins Nation
- London Fletcher: Sean Taylor 'was just scratching the surface'
- Rookie review: How does Kyshoen Jarrett fit into the Redskins' plans?
- Redskins going defense first in many mock drafts
- Should the Redskins bring back DeSean Jackson in 2016?
- Who are the top 5 quarterbacks of all-time?
- Will McCloughan try to build the Redskins' defense through free agency?
- Despite 2015 success, Vegas not high on 2016 Redskins
- Eagles release wide receiver Riley Cooper
- LeSean McCoy involved in incident with off-duty police officers