Aug 30, 2009, 11:14 AM EDT
If you didn’t stick around for the post game show on Comcast you missed some good TV.
The following exchange took place between Greg Blache and former Redskin Trevor Matich. The former was just outside of the Redskins locker room doing his regular, paid (this fact is important to the story) interview with Comcast’s Kelly Johnson. Matich was in the CSN studio.
If you noticed, Blache winked to Johnson before the laid into Matich. Blache was doing this for laughs.
It wasn’t just for laughs, however. Blache wanted to set the tone for the season, to let Matich and the other CSN questioners know that a tough question to him might be followed up with a tough question from him.
When you think about it, though, it’s kind of odd for Blache to be playing such games with CSN. After all, they are paying him for his time. I don’t know if it’s a couple of hundred dollars per game or a couple of thousand. But if the guys in the studio feel limited to asking “So, coach, how great was that game?” Blache won’t be cashing many more checks from Comcast.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins cut 10 players before Tuesday deadline
- Reports: News encouraging for injured Redskins LB Ryan Kerrigan after MRI
- Cowboys fans biggest fear - Major injury strikes Tony Romo in preseason
- Former Redskins safety Dashon Goldson to work out with Falcons
- Ryan Kerrigan's early exit vs Bills shows Redskins lack of depth at edge rusher
- Redskins' Cousins both lucky and unlucky vs. Bills
- Need to Know: Redskins stock up-stock down vs. Bills
- DeAngelo Hall fights criticism on Twitter over controversial hit vs. Bills
- How Robert Kelley took the lead in Redskins backup RB race
- Several players injured in win over Bills