Aug 23, 2009, 8:21 PM EDT
I’m lifting the following as is from Matt Terl’s Official Redskins Blog.
I had asked Chase Daniel if his performance tonight had started to answer some of the questions about his ability to transition to the NFL game. It was clearly not the first question along those lines that Daniel had answered tonight, and his answer showed a combination of amusement and exasperation.
“Guys,” he said, “it’s one game. It’s two series, really, and one play. You know, I’ve got a long way to go. I had a great showing tonight, just gotta keep working at it. That’s a long term question; time will tell.”
Everyone wants to read so much into a few series. It’s not that it’s OK to play poorly or that it’s not a positive development if one plays well. It just doesn’t mean that much one way or the other.
Follow Us On Twitter
- OPEN THREAD: Will Redskins rookie deliver in key spot?
- Redskins' Gruden looks for big impact from Jason Hatcher
- RG3 on sliding technique: 'I'll get better' (VIDEO)
- DE Hatcher will make team debut vs. Ravens (VIDEO)
- Ryan Clark: At this rate 'have to start 4:30 games at 7:30'
- Bubble battles: Royster, Rambo and Hocker (VIDEO)
- Redskins Park quick hits--Ex-QB Gruden couldn't slide either
- Gruden on Griffin sliding
- Redskins claim punter off waivers
- Jay Gruden: RG3 has got to get down to get up