Aug 23, 2009, 8:21 PM EDT
I’m lifting the following as is from Matt Terl’s Official Redskins Blog.
I had asked Chase Daniel if his performance tonight had started to answer some of the questions about his ability to transition to the NFL game. It was clearly not the first question along those lines that Daniel had answered tonight, and his answer showed a combination of amusement and exasperation.
“Guys,” he said, “it’s one game. It’s two series, really, and one play. You know, I’ve got a long way to go. I had a great showing tonight, just gotta keep working at it. That’s a long term question; time will tell.”
Everyone wants to read so much into a few series. It’s not that it’s OK to play poorly or that it’s not a positive development if one plays well. It just doesn’t mean that much one way or the other.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Predicting the Redskins' 2014 games
- Redskins 2014 Schedule: Dates, times, TV info released
- We (reportedly) have 1/8 of the Redskins 2014 schedule
- Redskins Pulse: NFL schedule released
- RG3 will drive at RIR on Saturday
- Who will assume Fletcher's leadership role on the Redskins?
- Draft chatter: 30 players invited to NFL draft in New York
- OPEN THREAD: Where does Alfred Morris rate?
- NFL schedule release date announced
- Five players the Redskins should hope slide down in the draft