Aug 23, 2009, 8:21 PM EDT
I’m lifting the following as is from Matt Terl’s Official Redskins Blog.
I had asked Chase Daniel if his performance tonight had started to answer some of the questions about his ability to transition to the NFL game. It was clearly not the first question along those lines that Daniel had answered tonight, and his answer showed a combination of amusement and exasperation.
“Guys,” he said, “it’s one game. It’s two series, really, and one play. You know, I’ve got a long way to go. I had a great showing tonight, just gotta keep working at it. That’s a long term question; time will tell.”
Everyone wants to read so much into a few series. It’s not that it’s OK to play poorly or that it’s not a positive development if one plays well. It just doesn’t mean that much one way or the other.
Follow Us On Twitter
- OPEN THREAD: How many sacks for Skins vs Eagles?
- Where are we? The state of the Redskins in Week 3
- Peterson to Exempt list, won't play until abuse charge resolved
- Cousins brings specific skill set to Gruden's offense (VIDEO)
- Morris, Redd help kids go back-to-school shopping (VIDEO)
- 5 Redskins vs. Eagles questions--A favorable matchup for Kerrigan?
- Fantasy Fix: Running backs dominate Week 3 waiver wire
- Wendy's Q&A: Has the defense really improved under Haslett?
- Redskins 2013 draft class already a bust
- Redskins cut ties to safety Bacarri Rambo