Aug 23, 2009, 8:21 PM EST
I’m lifting the following as is from Matt Terl’s Official Redskins Blog.
I had asked Chase Daniel if his performance tonight had started to answer some of the questions about his ability to transition to the NFL game. It was clearly not the first question along those lines that Daniel had answered tonight, and his answer showed a combination of amusement and exasperation.
“Guys,” he said, “it’s one game. It’s two series, really, and one play. You know, I’ve got a long way to go. I had a great showing tonight, just gotta keep working at it. That’s a long term question; time will tell.”
Everyone wants to read so much into a few series. It’s not that it’s OK to play poorly or that it’s not a positive development if one plays well. It just doesn’t mean that much one way or the other.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Shanahan responds to John Madden's criticism (VIDEO)
- Kyle Shanahan has no regrets about coaching with father
- Kyle Shanahan hopes Cousins increases trade value
- Redskins drama? No surprise for Spurrier
- Kyle Shanahan wants RG3 playing vs Atlanta
- Falcons ready to face Kirk Cousins
- Shanahan still won't deny ESPN report
- Where are we? State of the Redskins after 13 games
- Shanahan has no regrets about starting RG3 in Week 1
- OPEN THREAD: What to expect from Kirk Cousins?