Aug 4, 2009, 4:13 PM EDT
The Redskins announced that they have waived defensive tackle Vaka Manupuna. The 27-year-old has had a couple of stints with the Redskins in camp and one with the Jets without ever appearing in an NFL regular-season game.
Unfortunately for Manupuna, he won’t be able to return to his former employer. He played with the Utah Blaze of the Arena Football League this past winter. The AFL recently announced that it will suspend operations for 2009.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins will watch injuries to key players on both sides of the ball
- New #RedskinsTalk Podcast - After near storybook ending, heartbreak in Detroit
- Jay Gruden says Redskins defense should have been more aggressive in final series
- Five observations from the Redskins' loss to the Lions
- VIDEO: Trent Williams walks gingerly while helped to locker room after injury
- Redskins take late lead on Cousins TD, give up late lead on Boldin TD
- Josh Norman leaves game with concussion
- Redskins inactives vs. Lions: Despite shoulder injury, DeSean Jackson will play
- Need to Know: Redskins vs. Lions final thoughts—A big day for Jones?
- Enemy Intel: Around the NFL, Week 7—Giants boot away any claim the high ground