Jul 23, 2009, 5:00 AM EDT
The Redskins Broadcast Network has put together a special that is right up my alley. It’s on Channel 4, NBC in Washington this Saturday, July 25 at 7:00 p. m. It looks pretty good, a definite Tivo alert. Here are the video clip and the release that were sent to me.
The bronze statues enshrined in Canton represent the best of a player’s on the field accomplishments. However there is more to a Hall of Famer than simply statistics and awards. There is a story of blood, sweat and years of determination that help create a legend. That story is the story told in the newest Redskins documentary, The Legacy.
From Slingin’ Sammy Baugh to Art Monk and Darrell Green, The Legacy explores the history of the Redskins through the prism of the team’s greatest players, the Redskins Hall of Famers. With 17 Hall of Famers including Joe Gibbs, John Riggins and Sonny Jurgensen, The Legacy will highlight how these players and coaches rose to greatness and earned their enshrinement in the National Football Hall of Fame.
The Legacy, from the Emmy award-winning Redskins Broadcast Network, premieres on Saturday July 25 at 7 p.m. on NBC-4.
While I was told that the special would be broadcast on stations throughout Maryland and Virginia, a Tivo search for the program turned up nothing. As they say, check your local listings.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Gov. McAuliffe joins the Redskins at training camp (VIDEO)
- Jay Gruden: Patriots have proven to be 'model franchise'
- VIDEO: Meteorologist Jay Gruden hopes to scare away rain
- RG3 loving referees at practice, defense not so much (VIDEO)
- Trent Murphy ready for the speed of the NFL (VIDEO)
- What are Ryan Kerrigan's goals for training camp? (VIDEO)
- Jay Gruden, Redskins excited to host Patriots
- Jerry Rice Jr. suffers torn labrum
- Redskins' Hasett already annoyed with officials over new rules
- Redskins training camp sees its first proposal