Jul 23, 2009, 5:00 AM EDT
The Redskins Broadcast Network has put together a special that is right up my alley. It’s on Channel 4, NBC in Washington this Saturday, July 25 at 7:00 p. m. It looks pretty good, a definite Tivo alert. Here are the video clip and the release that were sent to me.
The bronze statues enshrined in Canton represent the best of a player’s on the field accomplishments. However there is more to a Hall of Famer than simply statistics and awards. There is a story of blood, sweat and years of determination that help create a legend. That story is the story told in the newest Redskins documentary, The Legacy.
From Slingin’ Sammy Baugh to Art Monk and Darrell Green, The Legacy explores the history of the Redskins through the prism of the team’s greatest players, the Redskins Hall of Famers. With 17 Hall of Famers including Joe Gibbs, John Riggins and Sonny Jurgensen, The Legacy will highlight how these players and coaches rose to greatness and earned their enshrinement in the National Football Hall of Fame.
The Legacy, from the Emmy award-winning Redskins Broadcast Network, premieres on Saturday July 25 at 7 p.m. on NBC-4.
While I was told that the special would be broadcast on stations throughout Maryland and Virginia, a Tivo search for the program turned up nothing. As they say, check your local listings.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Ranking the Redskins roster: 53-41
- Ranking the Redskins 2016 roster: 53-41
- Over/under: Josh Docton's rookie season with the Redskins
- Redskins position preview: Expectations for Scherff are sky high
- Need to Know: Luck's extension was no surprise to Redskins, Cousins
- How many tight ends will the Redskins carry on 53-man roster?
- Fact or Fiction: Redskins’ special teams units will continue to improve
- Josh Norman earns respect from peers, sets new 'Top 100' standard for Redskins
- A $20 million yearly average is now the floor for a Cousins deal
- Need to Know: Are the Cowboys the Redskins' biggest threat in the NFC East?