Jul 23, 2009, 5:00 AM EDT
The Redskins Broadcast Network has put together a special that is right up my alley. It’s on Channel 4, NBC in Washington this Saturday, July 25 at 7:00 p. m. It looks pretty good, a definite Tivo alert. Here are the video clip and the release that were sent to me.
The bronze statues enshrined in Canton represent the best of a player’s on the field accomplishments. However there is more to a Hall of Famer than simply statistics and awards. There is a story of blood, sweat and years of determination that help create a legend. That story is the story told in the newest Redskins documentary, The Legacy.
From Slingin’ Sammy Baugh to Art Monk and Darrell Green, The Legacy explores the history of the Redskins through the prism of the team’s greatest players, the Redskins Hall of Famers. With 17 Hall of Famers including Joe Gibbs, John Riggins and Sonny Jurgensen, The Legacy will highlight how these players and coaches rose to greatness and earned their enshrinement in the National Football Hall of Fame.
The Legacy, from the Emmy award-winning Redskins Broadcast Network, premieres on Saturday July 25 at 7 p.m. on NBC-4.
While I was told that the special would be broadcast on stations throughout Maryland and Virginia, a Tivo search for the program turned up nothing. As they say, check your local listings.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Hall sets record straight on pizza-centric torn Achilles story
- Eagles lose linebacker to torn ACL for second straight year
- Gruden on Griffin: 'I feel like he's on a steady climb'
- Trent Williams contract talks still ongoing
- Redskins CB David Amerson suffers possible shoulder injury
- Diehard Redskins fan converts lawn into insane Redskins shrine
- DeSean Jackson might just be right when he says nobody can cover him
- 2015 Fantasy Football rankings: The top 100
- Shoulder injury likely to cost rookie full season
- Redskins practice report, Day 5: RG3 sharp in 2-minute work