Jul 23, 2009, 5:00 AM EDT
The Redskins Broadcast Network has put together a special that is right up my alley. It’s on Channel 4, NBC in Washington this Saturday, July 25 at 7:00 p. m. It looks pretty good, a definite Tivo alert. Here are the video clip and the release that were sent to me.
The bronze statues enshrined in Canton represent the best of a player’s on the field accomplishments. However there is more to a Hall of Famer than simply statistics and awards. There is a story of blood, sweat and years of determination that help create a legend. That story is the story told in the newest Redskins documentary, The Legacy.
From Slingin’ Sammy Baugh to Art Monk and Darrell Green, The Legacy explores the history of the Redskins through the prism of the team’s greatest players, the Redskins Hall of Famers. With 17 Hall of Famers including Joe Gibbs, John Riggins and Sonny Jurgensen, The Legacy will highlight how these players and coaches rose to greatness and earned their enshrinement in the National Football Hall of Fame.
The Legacy, from the Emmy award-winning Redskins Broadcast Network, premieres on Saturday July 25 at 7 p.m. on NBC-4.
While I was told that the special would be broadcast on stations throughout Maryland and Virginia, a Tivo search for the program turned up nothing. As they say, check your local listings.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Gruden: Kerrigan getting 'disruption' but sacks not there yet
- Jerry Jones echoes Greg Hardy's bizarre comment about Tom Brady
- Former Redskins WR Hankerson off to 'great start' with Falcons
- Gruden says Matt Jones has not lost his trust
- Source: Redskins in mix to play in London next year
- Redskins South? Plenty of familiar faces on Falcons
- Culliver misses Redskins practice; has MRI
- Redskins' Jackson at practice but Sunday status up in the air
- DeSean Jackson runs routes in first practice back with Redskins
- After concussion, status for Jordan Reed remains unclear