Jul 23, 2009, 5:00 AM EDT
The Redskins Broadcast Network has put together a special that is right up my alley. It’s on Channel 4, NBC in Washington this Saturday, July 25 at 7:00 p. m. It looks pretty good, a definite Tivo alert. Here are the video clip and the release that were sent to me.
The bronze statues enshrined in Canton represent the best of a player’s on the field accomplishments. However there is more to a Hall of Famer than simply statistics and awards. There is a story of blood, sweat and years of determination that help create a legend. That story is the story told in the newest Redskins documentary, The Legacy.
From Slingin’ Sammy Baugh to Art Monk and Darrell Green, The Legacy explores the history of the Redskins through the prism of the team’s greatest players, the Redskins Hall of Famers. With 17 Hall of Famers including Joe Gibbs, John Riggins and Sonny Jurgensen, The Legacy will highlight how these players and coaches rose to greatness and earned their enshrinement in the National Football Hall of Fame.
The Legacy, from the Emmy award-winning Redskins Broadcast Network, premieres on Saturday July 25 at 7 p.m. on NBC-4.
While I was told that the special would be broadcast on stations throughout Maryland and Virginia, a Tivo search for the program turned up nothing. As they say, check your local listings.
Follow Us On Twitter
- DeSean Jackson on 2016 Redskins: Nobody believes in us. We don't really care
- Need to Know: When healthy, Redskins' Lauvao will have to earn his job back
- Redskins' Josh Doctson not sure when he will return, won't rush Achilles injury
- Redskins' RT Moses is taking nothing for granted
- Gruden gives timeline for Perry Riley, Shawn Lauvao return from injury
- Gruden's advice for injured Josh Doctson: Be patient and hurry up
- Cousins confident but for now 'it's all just talk'
- Kirk Cousins happy with pay raise, won't have any complaints
- Junior Galette willing to 'travel around the world' in order to avoid surgery
- OPEN THREAD: Does a healthy Ryan Kerrigan make up for the loss of Junior Galette?