Jul 20, 2009, 9:00 AM EST
In the final weeks before grind of training camp, you generally find NFL players in Bermuda, by a lake, sleeping in at home, hanging out in Las Vegas or engaging in just about any activity that does not involve a football.
But not DeAngelo Hall. The Washington Redskins cornerback was in Minnesota last week attending a camp put on by Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald. The focus of the session was wide receivers. The instructors were Jerry Rice and Cris Carter and the attendees included Brandon Marshall of Denver (for the moment), Tampa Bay’s Mark Clayton, and the Packers’ Greg Jennings.
Here is what Hall told Jim Trotter of Sports Illustrated.com about his attendance:
“Larry hit me up a couple of days ago and was like, ‘Hey, let’s get back to old times,’ ” says Hall, who trained with Fitzgerald in Florida in 2005, when each earned his first trip to the Pro Bowl. “I was like, hell yeah. It’s good to have players out here who can definitely make you work and get you better. That’s why when he ran down the list of some of the guys that were coming, I was like, I’m there.”
Hall does not have a reputation for being a particularly hard worker. Not at all lazy, mind you, but certainly one who one would think would be among the 99-plus percent of NFL players who are taking it easy now rather than among the small minority who are at work honing their craft.
It doesn’t necessarily mean that he’s going to be the first free agent that the Redskins have signed to make a return trip to the Pro Bowl but it does indicate that he’s not content to sit on his laurels after signing that fat contract earlier this year.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Trent Williams, Jason Hatcher sidelined Wednesday
- OPEN THREAD: Is Alfred Morris the key to beating Eagles?
- RG3 and Gruden may get a do over in 2015
- McCoy wants to return to Redskins, almost certainly will want a raise
- Colt McCoy going on IR means another QB change
- Tarik El-Bashir breaks down RG3 starting again
- Week 16 Waiver Wire: It's the final countdown
- LeSean McCoy does laughing impression of DeSean Jackson
- Griffin on his mental state: 'I'm in a great place'
- Week 16 Power Ranks: After Pack loss, who's tops in NFC?