Jul 20, 2009, 3:00 PM EDT
Between now and the start of training camp I’ll be making my predictions about who will be on the final 53-man roster for the Washington Redskins–who’s there, who’s in, who’s on the bubble, and who’s out. The predicted roster will be revised and updated as preseason events warrant. Today, the quarterbacks.
Who’s here Now: (4) Jason Campbell, Todd Collins, Colt Brennan, Chase Daniel.
How many will stick: 3
Starter: Campbell–If you’re reading this I don’t have to tell you that this is his make or break year.
Solid backup: Brennan–He may be the inactive third QB all year or he may be Campbell’s backup. Either way, we know he’ll be on the roster.
Last man on: Collins–It seems likely that the man who led the charge to the 2007 playoffs will stick for at least one more year if only because Jim Zorn won’t want two quarterbacks who never have taken an NFL snap backing up Campbell.
First man off: Daniel, by process of elimination if nothing else. He had great success in a spread offense at Missouri but his height (6 feet even) and average arm strength made him go undrafted. His football smarts, mobility and competitive attitude may land him a roster spot somewhere, someday but he’d have to put on a superb performance in camp to convince Zorn to keep him over Collins.
Spots taken so far: 3
Spots to go: 50
Next: Wide receivers
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins view DeSean Jackson as their first-round pick
- Nick Foles on DeSean Jackson: 'He was a great teammate to me'
- Who will replace Fletcher in the middle for the Redskins?
- Draft dominates week's top five Redskins posts
- Riggo on the Range: Southern fried bass (VIDEO)
- Redskins' LB Brian Orakpo encouraged by scheme tweaks
- Top 5: Skins already looking ahead to 2015 free agents?
- CSN's Redskins draft board: Tight end
- Need to Know: The five best Redskins performances of the last 20 seasons
- RG3, DeSean Jackson share a night out on the town (PHOTO)