Jul 20, 2009, 3:00 PM EDT
Between now and the start of training camp I’ll be making my predictions about who will be on the final 53-man roster for the Washington Redskins–who’s there, who’s in, who’s on the bubble, and who’s out. The predicted roster will be revised and updated as preseason events warrant. Today, the quarterbacks.
Who’s here Now: (4) Jason Campbell, Todd Collins, Colt Brennan, Chase Daniel.
How many will stick: 3
Starter: Campbell–If you’re reading this I don’t have to tell you that this is his make or break year.
Solid backup: Brennan–He may be the inactive third QB all year or he may be Campbell’s backup. Either way, we know he’ll be on the roster.
Last man on: Collins–It seems likely that the man who led the charge to the 2007 playoffs will stick for at least one more year if only because Jim Zorn won’t want two quarterbacks who never have taken an NFL snap backing up Campbell.
First man off: Daniel, by process of elimination if nothing else. He had great success in a spread offense at Missouri but his height (6 feet even) and average arm strength made him go undrafted. His football smarts, mobility and competitive attitude may land him a roster spot somewhere, someday but he’d have to put on a superb performance in camp to convince Zorn to keep him over Collins.
Spots taken so far: 3
Spots to go: 50
Next: Wide receivers
Follow Us On Twitter
- Fantasy Fix: Alfred Morris' fade pattern in Week 5 rankings
- Redskins show support of Breast Cancer Awareness
- Injury report: Status of Williams, Paul and Reed
- Giants loss in the past, ready for Seattle
- At 1-3, the Redskins are fighting history
- Five Redskins vs. Seahawks questions
- Redskins' Moss: 'It hurts' to be inactive every week
- Kirk Cousins needs to improve on the money down
- Redskins call audible on RG3's approach to rehab
- OPEN THREAD: How will Kirk Cousins respond to Giants game?