Jul 12, 2008, 10:04 PM EDT
Some of you reading this blog have met my father, Ty. He’s been to Hogfest a time or two and some of you have met him at our tailgate.
Only a few of you have met my mother Mimi. She was the one who let Dad and I engage in all of these Redskins-related activities for 40+ years.
Mimi died suddenly on Friday.
She had been feeling a bit under the weather the past few days and she was in bed on Friday. Dad brought her breakfast late in the morning and after she ate it he let her go back to sleep. He came in to check on her a little while later and she was gone.
Mom wasn’t a big Redskins fan, but she always pulled for them. She paid attention; when we got home from a game she always knew if the Skins had won or lost and she would always chat a bit about the game. It meant something to her because she knew it meant a lot to Dad and me.
She had her favorites. Clinton Portis was one because of his impish personality and she appreciated the grace of Santana Moss’ moves. And, of course, she recognized the special qualities that Coach Joe possessed.
Of course, this aspect just scratches the surface when it comes to Mimi Tandler. She was a special lady in many, many ways.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Josh Norman sees the fiery side of Kirk Cousins at Redskins OTAs: 'I was like, calm down'
- Meaningful work in Redskins' rushing game will have to wait until camp
- DeAngelo Hall on DeSean Jackson's OTAs absence: 'You want him here, but...'
- Redskins G Shawn Lauvao is progressing, but can he reclaim his starting job?
- Need to Know: Is Jackson's absence from some Redskins OTAs an issue?
- No brawl, just competition between Josh Norman and Kirk Cousins
- Kirk Cousins is comfortable taking 'ownership' of Redskins' offense now
- Redskins teammates already putting Jordan Reed in elite class
- Redskins rookie WR Josh Doctson held out of OTAs
- Gruden on DeSean Jackson missing OTAs: He will probably show up