Jul 12, 2008, 10:04 PM EDT
Some of you reading this blog have met my father, Ty. He’s been to Hogfest a time or two and some of you have met him at our tailgate.
Only a few of you have met my mother Mimi. She was the one who let Dad and I engage in all of these Redskins-related activities for 40+ years.
Mimi died suddenly on Friday.
She had been feeling a bit under the weather the past few days and she was in bed on Friday. Dad brought her breakfast late in the morning and after she ate it he let her go back to sleep. He came in to check on her a little while later and she was gone.
Mom wasn’t a big Redskins fan, but she always pulled for them. She paid attention; when we got home from a game she always knew if the Skins had won or lost and she would always chat a bit about the game. It meant something to her because she knew it meant a lot to Dad and me.
She had her favorites. Clinton Portis was one because of his impish personality and she appreciated the grace of Santana Moss’ moves. And, of course, she recognized the special qualities that Coach Joe possessed.
Of course, this aspect just scratches the surface when it comes to Mimi Tandler. She was a special lady in many, many ways.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins preseason finale moved to Wednesday due to inclement weather
- Dustin Hopkins shows no mercy, mashes a home run off helpless kid
- This Redskins rookie and his girlfriend have the best pregame ritual
- Gruden, Bruton, Golston and Jean-Francois all discuss Colin Kaepernick
- It appears that Josh Doctson is returning, according to a tweet of his
- Redskins claim ex-Hokie, former Broncos pick to shore up OL depth
- Redskins' Cullen Jenkins will need to get up to speed in a hurry
- Gruden hints that Josh Doctson could be ready for Redskins in Week 1 against Steelers
- With addition of Cullen Jenkins, whose job is on the line?
- Redskins Playbook - Practice for Josh Doctson?