Jul 12, 2008, 10:04 PM EDT
Some of you reading this blog have met my father, Ty. He’s been to Hogfest a time or two and some of you have met him at our tailgate.
Only a few of you have met my mother Mimi. She was the one who let Dad and I engage in all of these Redskins-related activities for 40+ years.
Mimi died suddenly on Friday.
She had been feeling a bit under the weather the past few days and she was in bed on Friday. Dad brought her breakfast late in the morning and after she ate it he let her go back to sleep. He came in to check on her a little while later and she was gone.
Mom wasn’t a big Redskins fan, but she always pulled for them. She paid attention; when we got home from a game she always knew if the Skins had won or lost and she would always chat a bit about the game. It meant something to her because she knew it meant a lot to Dad and me.
She had her favorites. Clinton Portis was one because of his impish personality and she appreciated the grace of Santana Moss’ moves. And, of course, she recognized the special qualities that Coach Joe possessed.
Of course, this aspect just scratches the surface when it comes to Mimi Tandler. She was a special lady in many, many ways.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Springs or Smoot? Redskins Madden showdown (VIDEO)
- RGIII giving to southeast DC, 'know your why' (VIDEO)
- Wendy's Q&A: Who will be the Redskins' impact rookie?
- Fantasy Football: Top 100 preseason rankings revealed!
- Redskins depth chart analysis: Safeties
- 30 Questions: Will RG3 bounce back from a subpar 2013?
- Former McNamara standouts helping out the community (VIDEO)
- Who steps up along the offensive line for Redskins? (VIDEO)
- Redskins sign Va. native Mike Caussin, make minor moves
- Scruggs: 'Cowboys Safeties are hot garbage' (VIDEO)