Jun 24, 2008, 1:43 PM EDT
Press release follows, more later as warranted.
Ashburn, VA – The Washington Redskins announced today they have signed rookie defensive end Rob Jackson. Terms of the contract were not disclosed.
Jackson was the Redskins' seventh-round draft pick (242nd overall) in the 2008 NFL Draft.In addition, the Redskins released defensive tackle J.T. Mapu.The Redskins have now signed four of their 10 picks in the 2008 NFL Draft.
Jackson (6-4, 259) totaled 61 career tackles and 6.5 sacks in two seasons at Kansas State. He earned honorable mention All-Big XII honors as a senior (25 tackles and two sacks) and was selected to play in the 2008 Hula Bowl. Jackson attended Fort Scott Community College (Kan.) in 2004 and 2005.
Mapu originally signed with the Redskins as an undrafted free agent on May 9, 2008. He played college ball at the University of Tennesse
Sent via Empower HTML Mail Viewer For BlackBerry
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile
Follow Us On Twitter
- Former McNamara standouts helping out the community (VIDEO)
- Who steps up along the offensive line for Redskins? (VIDEO)
- Redskins sign Va. native Mike Caussin, make minor moves
- Scruggs: 'Cowboys Safeties are hot garbage' (VIDEO)
- Robert Griffin III joins middle school TV program (VIDEO)
- RG3 does not anticipate any problems keeping receiver corps happy
- Redskins depth chart analysis: Running back
- OPEN THREAD: RG3 clearly behind Andrew Luck, Russell Wilson?
- Who are the locks to make the Redskins' 53?
- 30 Questions: Will the Redskins' Brian Orakpo take the next step?